News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

The Jaronesian Republic is accepting all diplomatic envoys at its capital, Alphecca.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:27:22 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 07:18:47 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on March 21, 2010, 07:11:30 PM
lol I'm stuck between Grumbler and Katmai.

At least you don't have to research range first, lest your expansion come to a dead stop after your ships reach their first star... :glare:

Actually, I'd say your position is better than last game. You don't have quite as many hostile powers on your doorstep.

Fleet Range looks to be much more important in this game than the other, by the looks of the map, so researching it this early might be a good idea.
But you're right, you did get shafted.  :lol: At least no one can mess with your planets in the early game.

Yes, that is a luxury I really intend to enjoy (Szmik. :glare:)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

FunkMonk

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:15:33 PM
Yeah, I left the fleet range level as the default and increased home system distance to 2 light years. I think the original game's settings turned it into a giant clusterfuck way too early in the game.  :D

I agree, and I'm not just saying that due to the fact I have reverted to "make them pay in blood" mode in the other game! :D
Always a viable strategy in any game.  :P

Hopefully no one drops this time so someone doesn't so easily outpace the rest of us.

That would be a pain. Although kudos to Berkut, he reacted quickest to the opportunity.

Yeah, he did very well. He took a crappy starting area where he was already hemmed in on all sides by his neighbors and became galactic hegemon. Of course, LaCroix's drop really sorta fell in his lap.  :D

Unless a grand coalition forms to oppose him he's going to win easily.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jaron on March 21, 2010, 07:28:48 PM
The Jaronesian Republic is accepting all diplomatic envoys at its capital, Alphecca.

The Empire becomes the Republic this time around?  ;)

FunkMonk

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2010, 07:16:42 PM
Who are the name changers?

Ughian is szmik I think. Scythian Trade Alliance is Tamas maybe?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Fireblade on March 21, 2010, 07:11:30 PM
lol I'm stuck between Grumbler and Katmai.

I propose an alliance between myself, Jaron, and Katmai to be called "The Galactic Federation of Neo-Aztlan". VIVA LA RAZA!

Hopefully this game goes much better for you than the last.  :lol:

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:38:11 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2010, 07:16:42 PM
Who are the name changers?

Ughian is szmik I think. Scythian Trade Alliance is Tamas maybe?

Oh crap. That is not good news for me... :mad:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tonitrus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:36:24 PM
Yeah, I left the fleet range level as the default and increased home system distance to 2 light years. I think the original game's settings turned it into a giant clusterfuck way too early in the game.  :D

I agree, and I'm not just saying that due to the fact I have reverted to "make them pay in blood" mode in the other game! :D

Hopefully no one drops this time so someone doesn't so easily outpace the rest of us.

That would be a pain. Although kudos to Berkut, he reacted quickest to the opportunity.

Yeah, he did very well. He took a crappy starting area where he was already hemmed in on all sides by his neighbors and became galactic hegemon. Of course, LaCroix's drop really sorta fell in his lap.  :D

Hah, I tried to start one up, but his other neighbors seem to be either too busy, or have already sold out.  :P

Fireblade

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 21, 2010, 09:09:48 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Hah, I tried to start one up, but his other neighbors seem to be either too busy, or have already sold out.  :P

:ph34r:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Fireblade on March 21, 2010, 09:15:47 PM

:ph34r:

That Berkut had not already smashed you, I figured as much.  And since ulmont didn't give a quick reply, was going to backstab you anyway.  :D

It's all good, he'll just finish you off once I am gone, and being on the verge of the 140-ish systems he needs to win.

Berkut

That is odd, when I asked you to stay out of my space in return for a couple systems, you were rather quick to agree.In fact, I was kind of surprised, to be honest, that you were so quick to agree to what was obviously not a viable long term border.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

LH1 is far from over, you guys.

Funkmonk has more ships than I do, and if he succeeds in taking out Habs, will win the game, I think.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Indeed.  Funk is quite heavily invested into invading my planets and has more than likely left himself open on his borders.  Might I suggest that some others start hitting him to dissuade him from such a large power grab?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

You're one to talk! My people still call you "The butcher of Atik"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on March 22, 2010, 12:04:35 AM

That is odd, when I asked you to stay out of my space in return for a couple systems, you were rather quick to agree.In fact, I was kind of surprised, to be honest, that you were so quick to agree to what was obviously not a viable long term border.

It was just a stalling tactic to buy some time...I knew I couldn't hold up against you at that time (or at all, really, considering the tech gap)...I never figured it would last either.