News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

http://np.ironhelmet.com/

Looks like your run-of-the-mill browser-based space empire game. The game itself is in fact very simple; ships are built automatically, only 4 technologies to research, log on once a day for a few minutes. Because the game is so simple, it puts a big emphasis on the art of diplomacy and knowing when and how to backstab everyone. All diplomacy is done through in-game messaging. The trick is there is no actual "Non-Aggression Pact" button or "Alliance" button (unless it's enabled before game). It's all a matter of faith whether your ally keeps his word or not. And of course he's not.

This article (http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2010/02/column_battle_klaxon_the_i.php) gives a good idea of the gameplay, and Rock Paper Shotgun has a game diary up for those interested (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/11/pride-and-falls-neptune-pride-diary-part-2/).

The game is actually free to play, but if you want a private game between friends at least one person has to pay $20, free for everyone else. If there's interest here I can set up a Languish game since I've paid up already.

-----
Languish Hegemony I
Players:
Me
Berkut
Habs
ulmont
Jaron
BB
Grey Fox
Toni
szmik
La Croix
Fireblade
Agelastus

Languish Hegemony II:
Me
Tamas
Grumbler
Hans
Kleves
katmai
szmik
Jaron
Berkut
FireBlade
DP
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

That does sound interesting. I like space empire games, especially ones that focus on MP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

QuoteIt's called Neptune's Pride, and it's a free web browser strategy game from some developers who used to work at Irrational Games. Neptune's Pride is a game of two things:

#1: Intergalactic War
#2: Being a jerk

This sounds so very right for languish...

0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 11:38:40 AM
QuoteIt's called Neptune's Pride, and it's a free web browser strategy game from some developers who used to work at Irrational Games. Neptune's Pride is a game of two things:

#1: Intergalactic War
#2: Being a jerk

This sounds so very right for languish...

Languish was my first thought when I read the article.  :D

Berkut

It is a very good article. We must certainly play.

0 rows returned

FunkMonk

I can build a custom Languish-only game with between 3-12 players. Obviously the more the merrier.

Threviel

ulmont

Looks interesting, count me in.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Berkut

You know Habs is in - I will sign up for him right now.

Probably his brother as well.

0 rows returned

Tamas

If you wait until next Wednesday, I am in too :P

FunkMonk

Ok:

Me
Berkut
Habs
Habs' Bro (?)
Threviel (?)
ulmont
Jaron
Grumbles
Tamas (Wed)

I'll need to know definitively who's in so I can set up a game, because if someone opts out at the last minute or someone pipes in to play, I think I'll have to create a whole new game which means I'll have to spend 50 more "Galactic Bucks" or whatever the hell they call them. Essentially that's five dollars. $20 got me 200 Galactic Bucks, so I don't want to waste my money making two games if we're only playing one.

I don't mind waiting till next Wednesday to make a game, if no one else has any objection to waiting for Tamas. Also, we can start a game today or tomorrow and then start another one next Wednesday (I think we can play more than one game concurrently). What say the masses?

Barrister

OOh!  It's not blocked by my work filter!

Count me in.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.