And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Jaron on March 12, 2010, 07:46:57 PM
and Berkut! :P

Are you kidding? My initial position is terrible. Few of my allotted stars are near me, and most are right next to someone else.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Ah, yes.  The ritual complaining about how one is too poor to pose a threat begins.

Barrister

The Despotate of Barrister wishes only peace with all of its intergalactic neighbors.  We seek only the peaceful co-existence of our species.

Unless you cross us.

Still trying to figure out the basic mechanics of the game.  Hopefully I can figure them out before I am squished like a bug.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Battletech fans will enjoy that one of my planets is named Ras Alhague.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Having stars with 2 or 4 resources is ... fun.  :pinch:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Agelastus

Quote from: szmik on March 13, 2010, 04:54:46 AM
Having stars with 2 or 4 resources is ... fun.  :pinch:

And if you believe that, I have this nice bit of real estate in Florida... :P

As all the galaxy knows, the Imperium of Agelastus is interested in nothing but peaceful co-operation with all powers. Let us exploit and develop the galaxy together. The Imperium welcomes all as equals and partners.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Agelastus

Interesting. Just from the opening builds certain patterns are emerging. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Quote from: Habbaku on March 13, 2010, 02:20:36 AM
Battletech fans will enjoy that one of my planets is named Ras Alhague.

I have a fondness for Pern, so I am particularly pleased to see that Rukbat is one of the stars close to me.

Fear my dragons! :menace:

Edit: Although perhaps the sandworms of Arrakis, for whoever occupies that star, will be worse... :unsure:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

CountDeMoney

I just want to interrupt this thread to say that Neptune's Pride would be an excellent name for a joint ASW exercise.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2010, 08:13:41 AM
I just want to interrupt this thread to say that Neptune's Pride would be an excellent name for a joint ASW exercise.
Or for a gay scuba shop.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Hansmeister

Count me in the next game.

Jaron

I am mildly concerned it seems a few folks might not be investing their money, that is to say: neglecting their fiefs. It could possibly cause power balance issues in some parts of the galaxy? "Fortunately" my little corner seems quite active.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

szmik

I found a bug which cost me about a day of travel.   :face:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Agelastus

I must admit that Habbaku's slow expansion puzzles me, given the number of fleets he has built.

What's the bug you have found, szmik? I hadn't noticed your expansion being particularly slow.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

OK, now I have got a bug, a fairly annoying one. I have a fleet sitting in orbit of Asterion, but it still cannot see the system resources or claim the star for the Imperium.

Edit: Ah, it cleared. I had cancelled my fleet's onward movement, and when I set a new waypoint the star appeared.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be