Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

You are totally whipping on Fireblade
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Fireblade likes to get whipped, or so i've heard.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: Jaron on March 16, 2010, 08:27:45 PM
You are totally whipping on Fireblade

Sadly Fireblade continues to smash my ships and kill my poor crews. We cannot stand before his racially superior intelligence and warfighting savvy. Just a couple hours ago we lost another 4 ships to one of his crushing attacks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Fireblade

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 16, 2010, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: Kleves on March 16, 2010, 10:41:31 AM
:lol:

If there's a spot open, I want in next game.

I'm expecting to start another game either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll mark you in. Anyone else who wants in just say so. I can take up to 12 players.

I'm in. Hopefully I'm on the edge of the map next time, not stuck in between.. well, everyone.  :D

Habbaku

Quote from: Fireblade on March 16, 2010, 10:01:10 PM
I'm in. Hopefully I'm on the edge of the map next time, not stuck in between.. well, everyone.  :D

Your positioning has very little to do with why you're losing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 16, 2010, 05:54:00 PM
I'm expecting to start another game either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll mark you in. Anyone else who wants in just say so. I can take up to 12 players.

I'll play.  I started a public game a few days ago and it's pretty fun, but it'd be a more fun with if they weren't just random internet people who don't talk

Fireblade

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2010, 10:02:42 PM

Kinda easy to get involved in a two-front war in my neighborhood. ;)

Fleet speed is a killer advantage too.

Berkut

Quote from: Fireblade on March 16, 2010, 10:05:27 PM

Especially when you attack.

Hows that working out for you? I have to admit it is kind of fun watching...slowly watching...as your fleet approaches, and you know they are all going to die horribly, and I know you know, and there isn't anything you can do about it...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Fireblade

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2010, 10:27:03 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on March 16, 2010, 10:05:27 PM

Especially when you attack.

Hows that working out for you? I have to admit it is kind of fun watching...slowly watching...as your fleet approaches, and you know they are all going to die horribly, and I know you know, and there isn't anything you can do about it...

:P This game was pretty much an inevitable loss for me anyway. I knew the second I started playing I was going to get the Poland-Lithuania treatment. I figured I might as well go out in a blaze of glory.

Sic Transit Gloria Firebladae? :(

szmik

I don't know FB, in my other game the strongest player, who was on the edge of galaxy and had only 2 neighbours, lost 2/3 of his fleet and is under partitioning now. And I'm there stuck in the middle and under tech trade embargo from all others.  :P

oh, wait, you're playing there too.  :)
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

DisturbedPervert

I didn't realize you could trade, glad you posted that  :lol:

The Larch

I'm curious about this game. How long does it take daily to play it properly?

Jaron

You only get paid once a day, and can spend that in a matter of seconds. You just need to give your fleet orders (and they take several hours to move) so you only need to check it maybe once a day, twice if you're at war. There is no real sudden action.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Give me a couple of hours to get some sleep and I will register and stuff.

Josquius

I decided to try a game. Its going meh.
I started in the bottom left so thought good times, I won't be surrounded on all sides.
I expanded the quickest early on but as soon as I came into contact with my northern neighbour he attacked me. I destroyed two of his fleets and now he's sitting there glowering, my eastern neighbour is attacking me now though. And it seems the guy to the north of my northern neighbour is attacking him (my neighbour moved all his ships to my border).
What is annoying though is that I very much doubt I can ever win. I thought I was in a good spot with my neighbours having to watch themselves being in the middle but two of the guys to the middle right never logged in, they've recently been AId. Over in the east is some guy just expanding and building himself up freely. Whilst I'm stuck in petty squabbles in the west he is free to build and then kill whoever comes out on top over here.
Damn non-loginers.
██████
██████
██████