News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SPANIARDS RALLY TO ME!

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Jaron on March 15, 2010, 07:27:57 AM
Would it have been in the provinces of Burgos or perhaps Valladolid? I found screenshots of CK Spain but they are all zoomed way the fuck out.

Those two would be too far away. Is there an Alcalá de Henares province?

The Larch

Ok, I managed to find a picture and Salamanca would be my choice.

I'm assuming that the river is the Tajo. If it's the Duero, then it'd be in Toledo. Anyway, it's a shitty map.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2010, 09:35:18 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 12, 2010, 04:16:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 12, 2010, 02:28:43 AM
Whitehorse is about the same latitude as Oslo, Stockholm or St. Petersburg.

And lower than Anchorage.  BB needs to be reminded of this constantly.  :P
It's also like a thousand kilometers from the sea, which makes a huge difference temperature wise.

I can be at the sea in about an hour an a half.   :huh:  Probably only 100 kms as the crow flies.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2010, 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2010, 09:35:18 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 12, 2010, 04:16:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 12, 2010, 02:28:43 AM
Whitehorse is about the same latitude as Oslo, Stockholm or St. Petersburg.

And lower than Anchorage.  BB needs to be reminded of this constantly.  :P
It's also like a thousand kilometers from the sea, which makes a huge difference temperature wise.

I can be at the sea in about an hour an a half.   :huh:  Probably only 100 kms as the crow flies.

It doesn't count as "sea" if you can walk across it half the year. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Larch, we had no problems whatsoever, apart from some water (melted snow) here and there.

I was photographed once by an automatic device, I think that was back in france, doing 145km/h, frankly I dont think they will come after me for that lousy 10% speeding.

It was awesome to see Messi's hat-trick live, and near to us, too. I also liked the city, but to be honest, only as a nice and unusual (for us) place. I am not sure I would like to settle here. Altough, Spanish chicks are HOTT

Me and my dad are back to our hotel rooms and will stay here until dinner, then off back home next morning. We need the rest because we will attempt to do the 19 hours trip in one sitting. I do have a reservation at an Italian bed&breakfast place but I am planning to cancel it if we are not too tired when near it. Doing 160km/h in big traffic is tyring of course but loitering in the outer lane around 120km/h should be fine for the two of us.

clandestino

Quote from: The Larch on March 15, 2010, 07:51:05 AM
I'm assuming that the river is the Tajo. If it's the Duero, then it'd be in Toledo. Anyway, it's a shitty map.

I don't know about the Spanish side, but for the Portuguese part it should be neither Tejo nor Douro. :D

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 10, 2010, 08:33:04 PM
It got up to 77 F here today.  Drove home with my windows down and sunroof open. :cool:

So?  It is March.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2010, 02:37:46 PM
It got up to 77 F here today.  Drove home with my windows down and sunroof open. :cool:

So?  It is March.

Cal wants you to think he lives in a weather paradise.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2010, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2010, 02:37:46 PM

So?  It is March.

Cal wants you to think he lives in a weather paradise.

It clearly isn't.

77F?  Much too hot.  :yuk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

Ok, I managed to find a picture and Salamanca would be my choice.

It is the Tajo.

For some reason Paradox decided they werent going to model important rivers in Europe unless they were Swedish. You can probably find the creek behind Johan's childhood home on the map. :rolleyes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Larch

Quote from: clandestino on March 15, 2010, 01:53:30 PM

I don't know about the Spanish side, but for the Portuguese part it should be neither Tejo nor Douro. :D

It's a Paradox map, you can't really expect geographical accuracy from them.  ;)

Alatriste

I would say Madrid is in western "Salamanca" (but real Salamanca is in "Zamora"), perhaps between "Salamanca" and "Valladolid". Anyway during the Late Middle Age Madrid was a relatively important trading town thanks to its strategic location, but far smaller than Toledo, Burgos, Seville, Cordoba or Valladolid.

In a certain sense Madrid is like Brasilia or New Delhi, an artificial city, built in a place chosen because it was in a very convenient place, in the center of the peninsula, on a big plain with ample supplies of water, and half way between Toledo and Valladolid, the two main administrative centers of the kingdom.

Tamas

not that anyone cares when there is the all-important topic of Madrid's location in CK, but we have arrived back home safely.

Yesterday morning after check-out we went to the monastery of Montserrat and the amazing rocks and view around it, then proceeded to drive home without stopping for sleep. When I drove, my father (tried to) sleep and vice versa. Needless to say I am somewhat tired.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on March 15, 2010, 11:34:22 AM

I was photographed once by an automatic device, I think that was back in france, doing 145km/h, frankly I dont think they will come after me for that lousy 10% speeding.

Blame Sarkozy for the radars:lol: