News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SPANIARDS RALLY TO ME!

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2010, 04:33:36 AM
We will go on Friday morning, moving to Italy through Slovenia.

I am undecided, wether I should pressure my dad to have his car's tires changed back to the winter ones...  :hmm:

This evening I'll return to Padua, I'll post the state of highways

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Thank you very much for these updates! :)

In the meantime, I talked to my father and convinced him to have the winter tyres refitted. Of course its money thrown out of the window, but I figure the temperature will not reach high enough to damage the winter tyres

crazy canuck

I am undecided, wether I should pressure my dad to have his car's tires changed back to the winter ones...  :hmm:

Lets see, driving through mountain passes when snow is forecast. :hmm:

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2010, 05:16:21 AM

Lets see, driving through mountain passes when snow is forecast. :hmm:

:hmm:

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

I happened to be in Barcelona on a work trip on monday and tuesday. Monday afternoon-evening was complete gridlock in the city, everything collapsed, road traffic, trains of all strips, etc. We had to search for a hotel room around the Sants train station under a snowstorm, as it was impossible for us to reach the city we were travelling to, and the visit we had scheduled for tuesday morning had to be cancelled because the roads were closed down. AFAIK the border between Spain and France is still closed down, as are the train lines. The province of Girona is the one that was hit the hardest, with lots of cities with no electricity.

At the moment, I'd say that the car trip you planned is pure unrefined madness.

Tamas

Well, we will reach the Spanish-French border only on Saturday so it should be all clear by that time :)

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2010, 08:12:52 AM
Well, we will reach the Spanish-French border only on Saturday so it should be all clear by that time :)

Who knows...

Richard Hakluyt

I wouldn't worry, the Spaniards will have those problems sorted asap. "Never put off till tomorrow what can be done today" being something of an Iberian maxim  :cool:

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 10, 2010, 08:22:56 AM
I wouldn't worry, the Spaniards will have those problems sorted asap. "Never put off till tomorrow what can be done today" being something of an Iberian maxim  :cool:

:yeahright:

The Larch

Apparently there are still 5000 trucks blocked in the La Junquera border between Spain and France, where are you planning to cross the border Tamas?

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on March 10, 2010, 08:42:06 AM
Apparently there are still 5000 trucks blocked in the La Junquera border between Spain and France, where are you planning to cross the border Tamas?

I am not sure yet! Will check what my GPS has to say about it once I am at home

Martim Silva

Tamas, I would postpone if I were you. Going now would be a waste. Time lost in massive traffic jams and you will only enjoy the city proper.

Can't you make it after May?

Tamas

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 10, 2010, 09:00:36 AM

Tamas, I would postpone if I were you. Going now would be a waste. Time lost in massive traffic jams and you will only enjoy the city proper.

Can't you make it after May?

We are going to the FC Barcelona game this Sunday :P Seeing some of the city, and the scenery along the way, would just be a bonus