SPANIARDS RALLY TO ME!

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on March 11, 2010, 06:36:08 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2010, 05:19:13 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 11, 2010, 05:10:23 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2010, 05:01:48 AM
GPS wants to take us on the motorway/highway labelled "AP-7" (AP on the French side). Is that approved?

That's the La Junquera pass that I talked about earlier. I'll check if it's still jammed.

:thumbsup:

Apparently it's already open, but sections of the AP7 are closed for mainteinance.

Thank you!

We will leave early morning tomorrow. We will have a laptop with us and supposedly there will be wi-fi in the hotel so I might be able to give an update Saturday.

Barrister

Quote from: Alatriste on March 11, 2010, 05:39:15 AM
Perhaps, but I didn't compare Barcelona's latitude with Yukon's... what I said was "Barcelona and Northern Spain in general is roughly in the same latitude that Massachusetts or Hokkaido"

Well, Barcelona is at 41º 23', Vigo 42º 15', Bilbao 43º 15'... while Boston is at 42º 19' and Sapporo at 43º 05'.

The cities I compared with Yukon, Newfoundland and Kamchatka were Paris, London, Berlin and Copenhague.

Petropavlovsk (Kamchatka): 53º 01'
Saint Johns (Newfoundland): 47º 33'

Paris: 48º 48'
London: 51º 32'
Berlin: 52º 30'
Copenhagen: 55º 40'

All four are closer to the North Pole than Saint Johns, and Copenhagen is almost 2,5 degrees more northern than Petropavlovsk. I will freely admit, however, that Yukon was going literally too far (north), Alberta, Saskatchewan and even Labrador would have been better examples.

Ah yes - I didn't fully catch what you were comparing to what.

:nitpick:

The capital of Newfoundland is St. Johns - by custom the first part is abbreviated.  There is a city in New Brunswick that is called Saint John. :Canuck:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Whitehorse is about the same latitude as Oslo, Stockholm or St. Petersburg.

Hope you have a fun drive Tamas, try not to get killed  :D

katmai

Hungarian driver in snowy Spain=red asphalt.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 12, 2010, 02:28:43 AM

And lower than Anchorage.  BB needs to be reminded of this constantly.  :P

katmai

Indeed the dirty southerner should be reminded of it constantly.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 12, 2010, 04:16:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 12, 2010, 02:28:43 AM

And lower than Anchorage.  BB needs to be reminded of this constantly.  :P
It's also like a thousand kilometers from the sea, which makes a huge difference temperature wise.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Have arrived to hotel. Fuckers, the "private parking" is a general paying parking garage. We had to leave the car keys there and we forgot to bring the spares so they better not lose it!  :mad: And its like 200 meters away! And the guys in the garage did not speak english save for the fuel-handling guy who knew a few words

Traffic in Barcelona is pure hell, Budapest is a mellow place of hippy drivers compared to it. But otherwise it was big fun to watch all the different scenery along the way, and drive 160km/h.

I am stealing someone's wi-fi BTW. I received a login and pass for the hotel's wi-fi but I cant set it up: the wi-fi itself appears to be unprotected and it gives an IP without any authentication but I cant enter the login/pass anywher (or rather, dunno where to do it). If I selet any kind of login method where a login/pass is needed, it refuses to connect.

ulmont

Usually for hotels, you can connect unauthenticated and then they redirect you to a login page on first browse.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2010, 05:20:52 PM
Have arrived to hotel. Fuckers, the "private parking" is a general paying parking garage.

Not that strange, they must have some parking spots assigned or something.

QuoteWe had to leave the car keys there and we forgot to bring the spares so they better not lose it!  :mad:

Well, they shouldn't, it's their job after all.

QuoteAnd its like 200 meters away!

Oh, the horror...

QuoteAnd the guys in the garage did not speak english save for the fuel-handling guy who knew a few words

Why should they? They're only running a garage.

QuoteTraffic in Barcelona is pure hell, Budapest is a mellow place of hippy drivers compared to it.

Heh, for what I remember traffic in Barcelona was pretty mild.  :lol: Better not drive in Southern Italy then. Or in my hometown.  :ph34r:

QuoteBut otherwise it was big fun to watch all the different scenery along the way, and drive 160km/h.

How was the border crossing? Did you have trouble with the mountain roads after the snowstorm? Also, count yourself lucky that you didn't get a hefty fine, getting caught doing 160 km/h is no laughing matter.

QuoteI am stealing someone's wi-fi BTW. I received a login and pass for the hotel's wi-fi but I cant set it up: the wi-fi itself appears to be unprotected and it gives an IP without any authentication but I cant enter the login/pass anywher (or rather, dunno where to do it). If I selet any kind of login method where a login/pass is needed, it refuses to connect.

What ulmont said.

How was the game? Did you enjoy it? When are you going back?

Admiral Yi

Completely unrelated to anything to do with Tamas' trip, a question I've always wanted to ask the Spaniards: in which CK province is Madrid located?

Jaron

Is that a serious question?!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2010, 06:26:27 AM
Completely unrelated to anything to do with Tamas' trip, a question I've always wanted to ask the Spaniards: in which CK province is Madrid located?

No idea, I never played the game. Which are the provinces in the area? Can you put a screenshot? In any situation, Madrid was an irrelevant town during CK's timeframe.

Jaron

Would it have been in the provinces of Burgos or perhaps Valladolid? I found screenshots of CK Spain but they are all zoomed way the fuck out.

Winner of THE grumbler point.