News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SPANIARDS RALLY TO ME!

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Highways in Northern Italy are clear of snow: you can blaze through Italy destroying the winter tires  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

sbr

Quote from: Pedrito on March 10, 2010, 05:48:29 PM
Highways in Northern Italy are clear of snow: you can blaze through Italy destroying the winter tires  :P

L.

Thank god someone finally spelled tires right.  :D

Ed Anger

Tamas: suffers attrition and loses 2 SP's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

It got up to 77 F here today.  Drove home with my windows down and sunroof open. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 10, 2010, 08:33:04 PM
It got up to 77 F here today.  Drove home with my windows down and sunroof open. :cool:

Yeah it was warm here today as well.  Mid 70's.  Then there was a lightning storm.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Caliga on March 10, 2010, 08:33:04 PM
It's 95 and humid here.  :yuk:

Tamas

Nice to know, Pedrito  :D

The snow reached Hungary last night and it is still falling  :mad: I mean WTF its mid-March FFS.

Barrister

Quote from: Alatriste on March 10, 2010, 03:40:21 AM
By the way, many people don't really understand that Barcelona and Northern Spain in general is roughly in the same latitude that Massachusetts or Hokkaido (and Paris, London, Berlin, Copenhague... are so northern as Newfoundland, Kamchatka and the Yukon). Thanks to the Gulf Stream and the associated winds European winters are usually quite warmer. But sometimes the winds change and come from the East, from Siberia and the Arctic, and then we get some days of snow and freezing temperatures.

Barcelona = 41 degrees latitude.

Whitehose = 61 degrees latitude

I understand your point about the gulf stream, but you badly over-state it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Alatriste on March 11, 2010, 02:46:43 AM
Weather forecasts for Barcelona

http://eltiempo.elpais.com/espana/barcelona/barcelona/938

And Gerona, closer to the French border

http://eltiempo.elpais.com/espana/girona/girona/2577

Thanks. :)

Does not look that bad, compared to the winter hell of few days ago.

Tamas

GPS wants to take us on the motorway/highway labelled "AP-7" (AP on the French side). Is that approved?

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2010, 05:01:48 AM
GPS wants to take us on the motorway/highway labelled "AP-7" (AP on the French side). Is that approved?

That's the La Junquera pass that I talked about earlier. I'll check if it's still jammed.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on March 11, 2010, 05:10:23 AM

That's the La Junquera pass that I talked about earlier. I'll check if it's still jammed.

:thumbsup:

Alatriste

Quote from: Barrister on March 11, 2010, 03:10:57 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on March 10, 2010, 03:40:21 AM
By the way, many people don't really understand that Barcelona and Northern Spain in general is roughly in the same latitude that Massachusetts or Hokkaido (and Paris, London, Berlin, Copenhague... are so northern as Newfoundland, Kamchatka and the Yukon). Thanks to the Gulf Stream and the associated winds European winters are usually quite warmer. But sometimes the winds change and come from the East, from Siberia and the Arctic, and then we get some days of snow and freezing temperatures.

Barcelona = 41 degrees latitude.

Whitehose = 61 degrees latitude

I understand your point about the gulf stream, but you badly over-state it.

Perhaps, but I didn't compare Barcelona's latitude with Yukon's... what I said was "Barcelona and Northern Spain in general is roughly in the same latitude that Massachusetts or Hokkaido"

Well, Barcelona is at 41º 23', Vigo 42º 15', Bilbao 43º 15'... while Boston is at 42º 19' and Sapporo at 43º 05'.

The cities I compared with Yukon, Newfoundland and Kamchatka were Paris, London, Berlin and Copenhague.

Petropavlovsk (Kamchatka): 53º 01'
Saint Johns (Newfoundland): 47º 33'

Paris: 48º 48'
London: 51º 32'
Berlin: 52º 30'
Copenhagen: 55º 40'

All four are closer to the North Pole than Saint Johns, and Copenhagen is almost 2,5 degrees more northern than Petropavlovsk. I will freely admit, however, that Yukon was going literally too far (north), Alberta, Saskatchewan and even Labrador would have been better examples.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2010, 05:19:13 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 11, 2010, 05:10:23 AM

:thumbsup:

Apparently it's already open, but sections of the AP7 are closed for mainteinance.