News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2010, 02:52:43 AM
How the hell can Habbaku lead the statistics in every EU3 game we play regardless of the country he plays? You guys suck.

When I went to war to prevent habbaku from ravaging the othewise peaceloving land of Hungary. Rather than support the poor invaded hungarians kleves, katmai and berkut all attacked me. He did successfully nerf the power that is best positioned to nerf him.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

It was pretty simply really - the province count graph tells the story completely.

Austria grew way too fast, and got way to big, so everyone ganged up on him and cut him down to size.

It is just that simple - all the "he said, she said" is missing the forest because you are staring at a tree.

You got way to big, too fast, and upset the balance of power. The game would suck if the response was anything other than what it was.

Now, we need to start looking at the Turks, and seeing how and if we need to check them. It is Habs, so the answer is most likely "Oh yeah..."

Kudos to viking for going for it though, and kudos to viking for not Slargosing when it all fell apart. And kudos to us for not letting it happen. Such it the fun of MP gaming...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 25, 2010, 02:55:38 AM
How the hell can Habbaku lead the statistics in every EU3 game we play regardless of the country he plays? You guys suck.

When I went to war to prevent habbaku from ravaging the othewise peaceloving land of Hungary. Rather than support the poor invaded hungarians kleves, katmai and berkut all attacked me. He did successfully nerf the power that is best positioned to nerf him.

I love your cute story of how we must leave you as strong as France and the Ottomans put together, or we will all lose. Like you becoming twice the power of everyone else is some great sacrifice on your part, to save us all from TEH TURK MENACE!

0 rows returned

Solmyr

I'm sure even Habs can be brought down by four other powers. :P

DGuller

I think a major factor in the balance of power equation is whether we can get another human to play in Europe.  How is that looking?

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 09:26:48 AM
I think a major factor in the balance of power equation is whether we can get another human to play in Europe.  How is that looking?

Altough in this game I think Hans should choose Korasan, but I think the Austria problem in all our games has been partially because of no other central-european player.

Solmyr

The problem with having another player in Germany is that the "Austria-problem" will rapidly turn into the "France-problem". Sure, Austria can get big, but considering that they are assured of hostility from both France and the Ottomans (and possibly Russia) in every game keeps them contained somewhat. The real potential winners are the edge powers who have only the AI to stop their expansion.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2010, 09:37:44 AM

Altough in this game I think Hans should choose Korasan, but I think the Austria problem in all our games has been partially because of no other central-european player.
I think it's definitely a problem in our game.  The lack of Prussia equivalent means that it's only a matter of time before Germany becomes Austria.

Berkut

I talked a friend of mine at work into trying the game, and he really likes. Turns out his son does as well, and they've been playing each other.

He would like to join, and perhaps his son as well, but he doesn't finish up his darts league for another week or two, and that is Wednesday nights until about 9ish.

His son might be interested in joining us next week though.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

How the hell can Habbaku beat my income as the Ottomans 100 years prior? I suck.

Fixed that for you.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 09:54:32 AM
I think it's definitely a problem in our game.  The lack of Prussia equivalent means that it's only a matter of time before Germany becomes Austria.

I agree, there needs to be competition. I stand by my Austrian brothers against the Saxon. I stand with my German brothers against the Frog etc.etc.

The ease of doing it went to my head I think. I have one lesson at least. Stop at Gemeiner Pfenning and just conquer the rest using the religious and imperial CBs. Right now I am less of a real threat than I was at the start of the session since I can't unify the HRE again, but I am perceived as a greater threat than I was at the start of the session; in Habbaku's propaganda at least.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

I don't even know why anyone would go for the last few reforms. It's far easier just to unify Germany the old-fashioned way, and turning into HRE makes you lose all those juicy reform bonuses.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on March 25, 2010, 02:28:16 PM
I don't even know why anyone would go for the last few reforms. It's far easier just to unify Germany the old-fashioned way, and turning into HRE makes you lose all those juicy reform bonuses.

Tell me about it.....