News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2010, 09:14:24 PM
:lol: Yes, I'm sure Spain will be utterly content to do Austria's bidding rather than let us settle a hypothetical backstab amongst ourselves.

just don't emoragequit when he does, ok?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 15, 2010, 09:17:08 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2010, 09:13:31 PM

That isn't a very nice thing to say. My problems with England have been entirely out of my control. It is all bad luck, I tell you!

You offered me the royal marriage, not the other way round :contract:

...and that had nothing to do with any of the problems England has had in that first session.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2010, 09:25:44 PM

...and that had nothing to do with any of the problems England has had in that first session.

Well, it was the first step on the way to a Douglas on the Throne :contract:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 15, 2010, 09:28:05 PM

:huh:  No, the death of the Tudors was.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2010, 09:37:47 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 15, 2010, 09:28:05 PM

:huh:  No, the death of the Tudors was.

Where do the Hapsburgs fit into this?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Just for the record, since we're going to have PCs take over for Portugal and Spain, I'm going to edit their inflation down by 5% each before we start.

Complaints about this decision are to be forwarded to CdM.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

JonasSalk

Sweden demands its regions back from Castile or else Sweden will curl up into a corner and sob uncontrollably.
Yuman

Viking

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 15, 2010, 09:49:45 PM
Sweden demands its regions back from Castile or else Sweden will curl up into a corner and sob uncontrollably.

You need to offer him money... or get those provinces into the hands of defecting rebels.

JonasSalk

Given the immense size of Castile's forces in those two provinces, I highly doubt they'll manage to successfully defect.

Sweden will not pay money for provinces ill-gotten.  I demand those provinces back, plus Gotland, Denmark, Iceland, and Norway and 200 ducats immediately from the Castilian treasury or else Sweden will cry in aforementioned corner.
Yuman

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Viking

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 15, 2010, 10:07:44 PM
Given the immense size of Castile's forces in those two provinces, I highly doubt they'll manage to successfully defect.

Sweden will not pay money for provinces ill-gotten.  I demand those provinces back, plus Gotland, Denmark, Iceland, and Norway and 200 ducats immediately from the Castilian treasury or else Sweden will cry in aforementioned corner.

You can wait until Castille gets into a war with somebody nasty.. say ... like.. ehh... Aragon? and Withdraws?

katmai

Sigh, after envoys have returned from Spain & Austria we can come to only one conclusion. Time to expand the French army and prepare for Austrians who won't be content till all of the continent is under it's imperial control.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son