News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

BTW, how do I unite with Aragon as Castille?  Are there some special missions that would guide me, or do I have to wait for an opportunity to claim their throne and PU them?

Habbaku

Best route to doing it at this point is to simply declare war on them (with or without a CB) and take the provinces you need to form Spain.  Keep in mind that it's probably going to prove a lot less Infamy-intensive to force Aragon to release states like Sardinia and Sicily from their domain, else you'll have to take every province they have...Besides, if you do get Sardinia and Sicily released, you should be able to vassalize them quickly, and peacefully, right after the war--buying yourself a few, easy diplo-annexes in ~10 years.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2010, 02:35:20 AM
BTW, how do I unite with Aragon as Castille?  Are there some special missions that would guide me, or do I have to wait for an opportunity to claim their throne and PU them?

You need to control Barcelona, Aragon and Valencia and have CB shields on their provinces. You already have a CB on Valencia (the capital) So you can take the first two and then vassalize aragon. Once you have the CB shields (30 or 50 years) then you can diploannex. You should have a submission mission against Aragon.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2010, 01:50:54 AM
Sigh, after envoys have returned from Spain & Austria we can come to only one conclusion. Time to expand the French army and prepare for Austrians who won't be content till all of the continent is under it's imperial control.

France:  :weep: I noticed how big you are in Italy and  :unsure: despite the fact that I agreed to let you have what you took  :uffda: I want you to compensate me for what you gained  :boff: in italy by giving me walloon provinces in belgium.

Austria: Look,  :contract: we had an agreement. You have benefited from this agreement  :blink: I have not interfered in your unification of France or your Religious wars, I have not used my Imperial Ban CB when I outnumber you two or three to one. I have spent money, time, infamy and effort securing what I have.  :pope: :banned:  :grr: Now, if you think this agreement is unfair I am willing to discuss it, but let us not start by you demanding I cede Imperial Accepted Culture CB Shielded provinces for no recompense.  :bash: :pirate
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2010, 01:50:54 AM
Sigh, after envoys have returned from Spain & Austria we can come to only one conclusion. Time to expand the French army and prepare for Austrians who won't be content till all of the continent is under it's imperial control.

It took this long for you to figure that out?

England weeps for the future of the continent.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

Portugal would warn the European powers to keep the peace, lest the Portuguese Army be forced to step in. :contract:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Quote from: Kleves on March 16, 2010, 10:32:00 AM
Portugal would warn the European powers to keep the peace, lest the Portuguese Army be forced to step in. :contract:

Can you really spare both of them at once???

0 rows returned

Berkut

BTW, is anyone else interested in joining our little Wednesday evening love fest?

0 rows returned

Kleves

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2010, 10:35:24 AM
BTW, is anyone else interested in joining our little Wednesday evening love fest?
Is this the orgy, or the EU3 game that we're talking about, here?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Quote from: Kleves on March 16, 2010, 10:42:19 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2010, 10:35:24 AM
Is this the orgy, or the EU3 game that we're talking about, here?

Yes.

0 rows returned

katmai

Austria has already succumbed to too much inbreeding I see.

I sent envoy to discuss the purchase of Walloon provinces and am told I should be grateful you didn't attack me...

So with such deft diplomacy out of Vienna I shall just have to build up the army and start talks with the Russians and Swedes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2010, 08:28:27 PM
Austria has already succumbed to too much inbreeding I see.

I sent envoy to discuss the purchase of Walloon provinces and am told I should be grateful you didn't attack me...

So with such deft diplomacy out of Vienna I shall just have to build up the army and start talks with the Russians and Swedes.

viking diplo > slargos diplo?

0 rows returned

katmai

I think Scandies are just incapable of diplomacy.

:lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Is Hans still playing?  I don't believe he's posted since last week.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

If he's out, I'll take his country! Who is he?