News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2010, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2010, 10:51:07 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2010, 10:44:38 AM

1. Taking loans are much too expensive - 10% interest per year! Much better to just get help from those who would like to see a strong and prosperous England who might be in a condition to help others in turn later.
2. Done. He is in charge of every single fight, in fact! He is very much a "lead from the front" sort of guy. Maybe that is why everyone hates him so much? He is desperate to prove that he deserves to be king. Really!

1. Hire a few bankers, they reduce interest. Get 10 stars worth of bankers and you have free loans.

Funny, you never get the advisers you need. When I started that game, I needed 1 single colonial advisor, none to be found. Now I could use a stability guy - none to be had, but I can get as many 20% (even a 5 or 6 star guy) colonial range guys as I like. Theologian so I can pass Superintendents? Nope, nary a one...

2. Kings don't die in battle like other generals. Just the mere fact of being a general kills your monarch quicker. Another option is changing to some for of republic.

How disappointing. I've been working hard to make sure he is in charge of every fight, figured there was some random chance per fight. Too bad.

Get your cultural tradition up and hire the advisers you want. I picked all three of my advisers and they are 5 or 6 stars all three of them. Patron of the Arts FTW!

BTW, I can create some bankers for you, unlike most of the other players in this game I want a strong England. I don't have any naval tradition, but I have lots of cultural and a bit of military tradition.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

No wonder Austria is the 800lb gorilla of EU3. They just get to do whatever they want.

Advisers? I just hire all the 5 star advisers I need!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2010, 11:18:21 AM
No wonder Austria is the 800lb gorilla of EU3. They just get to do whatever they want.

Advisers? I just hire all the 5 star advisers I need!

Well, you can change idea to Patron of the Arts and Hire. Which idea would you give up for PotA?

BTW, I thought Francis I of France had the Patron of the Arts Card? And Why can't I teleport my armies?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Indeed, Viking is giving up an NI slot to get all those lovely advisers--a tough cost, but it's a good one.

Meanwhile, the Ottomans merely rely on their natural cultural dominance through Diwani Script.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Can we get some images and info, or at least a copy of the save file?

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2010, 11:30:47 AM
Indeed, Viking is giving up an NI slot to get all those lovely advisers--a tough cost, but it's a good one.

Meanwhile, the Ottomans merely rely on their natural cultural dominance through Diwani Script.

I just get the "Hapsburg Dominance" +3 to ruler diplomacy.

Habbaku

What images would you like?

It's not possible to post the file to the forum--too large.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2010, 10:51:07 AM
2. Kings don't die in battle like other generals. Just the mere fact of being a general kills your monarch quicker. Another option is changing to some for of republic.
Is that another recent change?  I'm pretty sure they can die in a battle, and give you a -1 stab hit when it happens.  I've had that happen.  You know you've got a shitty king when you're happy to take a stab hit just to get rid of him.

Viking

Viking

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

I played on for a bit as well as austria.

I obviously made the wrong choice in the Religious turmoil event. I need to convert EVERYTHING to turn it off.

religious_turmoil + religious_intolerance + excommunication is not fun.

That settles it, youse colonizers and and eastern land grabbers will be left alone by me. I'll be off having to either convert or get rid of protestant provinces... as well as dropping my badboy

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2010, 10:43:47 PM
I obviously made the wrong choice in the Religious turmoil event. I need to convert EVERYTHING to turn it off.

Not everything.  But < 10% non-your-religion, IIRC.  To do it right, you need to just barely trigger the religious turmoil event and then immediately convert back.  If you do it right, you can be in and out of religious turmoil in < 1 year.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on March 12, 2010, 10:55:44 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2010, 10:43:47 PM

Not everything.  But < 10% non-your-religion, IIRC.  To do it right, you need to just barely trigger the religious turmoil event and then immediately convert back.  If you do it right, you can be in and out of religious turmoil in < 1 year.

Details plz?

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2010, 11:01:01 PM
Details plz?

You're fucked now, is what I'm saying, but if you plan for religious turmoil you can do it easily.

The only event that clears religious turmoil is 2038 in religiouswars.txt.

It will fire if you (catholic) have less than 10% of your provinces protestant and less than 10% of your provinces reformed.  When you get there, it fires in 2 months.