News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Well, there's some nice movement on the ship interiors front- there's a poll on the forums right now on what players would like to see most in player ship interiors.  I put in a vote for functionality and made some comments about floor plan.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 21, 2010, 05:58:22 PM
Well, there's some nice movement on the ship interiors front- there's a poll on the forums right now on what players would like to see most in player ship interiors.  I put in a vote for functionality and made some comments about floor plan.

Meh - ship interiors are LAST on my list.  What I want is CONTENT.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2010, 06:13:19 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 21, 2010, 05:58:22 PM

Meh - ship interiors are LAST on my list.  What I want is CONTENT.

And speaking of content...

They just put up part 5 of 5 of the most recent Featured Episode series.  Very nice IMO.  You perform an all-out assault on a Romulan planet, complete with whole squads of your troops beaming in, calling in orbital bombardment, and of course defeating the Tal Shiar baddie you're been fighting.  There's even a cameo appearance by Empress Sela herself, and some interesting advancement of the overall storyline of STO.

And for those of you with lifetime subs, if you complete the five Featured Episodes before March 24th you can get a Reman Bridge Officer.  No other way to get one, vary rare/purplz quality.

Berkut

So you have to have purchased a lifetime sub to access some content of the game?

That is pretty fucking lame.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on March 07, 2011, 07:13:20 AM
So you have to have purchased a lifetime sub to access some content of the game?

Been that way from the beginning, with the "Captain's Table," a faction-neutral social point that's only accessible by lifetimers.

Yes, STO has a freaking country club for lifetimers.
Experience bij!

Syt

Given their track record I'd think that at some point it becomes available on the C-Store.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Somewhat STO-related, and somewhat not, but thanks to feeling STO withdrawal, I checked out the now-F2P Champions Online.

I have a newfound respect for the STO developers; even though they're both the same engine, CO's design makes it damn near unplayable for me- I still haven't even been able to bring myself to finish the tutorial.
Experience bij!

Barrister

NO.

Absolutely not.

I put it as "for those of you with lifetime subscriptions" because, of course, they don't have to re-sub to play.  I can see why you'd have that misconception though - my poor wording.

I don't know if the featured episodes are enough to get people to re-sub or not.  They're very, very good, but each only takes about 30-60 minutes, so it's only 2.5 to 5 hours of content to play through.

Barrister

:lol:

I got a message in STO.  My username is BarristerBoy in their forums, and somewhere I posted about being from the Yukon.

Well some guy messages me, wondering who I am.  He suggested perhaps I was a Legal Aid lawyer who I know well (But apparently he asked that lawyer and he said he doesn't play STO), and then said he is the husband of a second Legal Aid lawyer who I also know very well.

This is too damn small of a world...

katmai

STO has released what it calls "the foundry" utilities to create your own missions which you can upload for all to replay.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

So finally got some time to play STO.

First, I cracked and bought TOS combo back - can't wait to set up a 23rd century bridge.  :blush:

But then I checked out the Foundry missions - there are a lot of them.  I do wish they were more easily searchable.  I picked one called "Nine Space Deep" which was very entertaining as far as I got - it's about a mirror universe plot to control DS9, and uses some nice mechanics to advance a decent little storyline.

Kat - you find any entertaining Foundry missions?

katmai

Haven't had a chance to look at em.

But I also bought the TOS pack.

katmai

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 07, 2011, 01:02:16 PM
ZOMG new unis in C-store!

:P

I'm not a COMPLETE c-store whore.  I think I can skip the Bajoran militia unis. -_-

katmai