Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

I'm thoroughly impressed by the bugginess I've seen in the past week.

- In "Defend the Pi Canis Sector," I kept flying alone into zones occupied by Gorn ships 32 levels higher than me. (Thanks for the explanation, BTW, Beeb).

- Alpha Centauri and PvP seem chock full of NPC enemy ships that get stuck in walls and subsequently make my weapons spaz.  They're fine once the ship gets loose, but if I'm aiming at that stuck ship... bizarre.

A wonderfully polished product, Cryptic. <_<
Experience bij!

Syt

Last sunday I played LotRO for a couple of hours. Sure, many of the quests are "go kill", "go collect", "go interact with item" (i.e. collect plants or such) and as such your usual MMORPG fare.

Still, the quests seemed a lot more involved, varied and intricate and often tell stories that you remember afterwards. The enemies, even in the dwarf n00b zone, seem at least as varied as STO.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

I'm out of town, and my laptop won't run STO.

I will be back however on Thursday.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

The STO website lists a bunch of new upcoming content over the next few weeks...

katmai

Cool, so yeah hey beeb I haven't quit game, just had no time.
Hell logging on my pc to play eu3 last night was first time in over a week I'd started it up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

QuoteOur latest content update, Season One: Common Ground, is releasing shortly. Here's just a bit of the updates we have headed players' way.
PVP Updates
Wargames – Federation players can now participate in PvP against one another to better prepare for the dangers of the battlefield.
New PvP Map – Explore "Shanty Town," a brand new Ground Assault map available for both Klingon and Federation players.
Customization
Off-Duty Uniforms – Experience DS9 in style! Starfleet officers will have the option to change into off-duty outfits to enjoy more casual attire.
New Stances and Hairstyles – Further customize your Captain by changing his or her hairstyle, or adopting two brand new stances: Stern and Relaxed.
Ships
A New Klingon Battle Cruiser – The K'Tanco Battle Cruiser has been made available to Klingon Lieutenant Commanders.
Klingon Ship Customization - Use the ship tailor to customize your Bird of Prey, Carrier or Raptor.
Missions
New Fleet Actions Everywhere!
The Big Dig – Available in Romulan space.
DS9 Under Siege - The True Way has attacked and boarded DS9. Repel the invasion to save the day.
Klingons Can Play, Too – Klingon Captains may now access the Crystalline Entity, Big Dig and Breaking the Planet Fleet Actions
Skills
Respec Is Here – Unhappy with your Captain's skill point allocation? Use the respec tool to change things up. (Available both in-game and as a C-store item.)
New Skill: Starship Attack Vectors – Improve your ship's accuracy and critical hit chance.
New Skill: Combat Maneuvers – Improve your ship's evasion and turn rate.
New Skill: Starship Battle Strategy – Improve your ship's critical hit severity and damage resistance.
In The C-Store
New Bridge Variants - All new ways to update your Bridges' look, available for a low price in the C-Store for both Federation and Klingon ships.
Federation Ship Variants – New takes on your old favorites, available for a low price in the C-Store.
Respec - Unhappy with your Captain's skill point allocation? Use the respec tool to change things up.
Character Slot - Purchase an additional character slot if you'd like to have more than three characters on your account.
Rename - Changed your mind about the cool name you chose? Get it legally changed! Recognized across the Alpha Quadrant.
New Federation Playable Species - Become a Tellarite, Pakled or Rigelian.
This is only a bit of the changes, fixes and updates coming to Star Trek Online in March. Season One: Common Ground will be available in mid-March. For a full list of what will be available in Season One, please visit the Engineering Reports forum. Interested in checking things out early? Visit the Tribble test server forums for early release notes.

DontSayBanana

I'm a bit ticked about the "bridge variants."  I'd hoped they would work on the interactivity before sending us a slew of more "pixel purchases."

Unfortunately, the devs don't seem to want to look into any halfway point between flying the ship with virtual consoles on the bridge and the glorified pause screen that they are currently.
Experience bij!

Fate

What's the C-Spec "store"? I have to pay real life money to respec? If so, these dudes can fuck off. The MMO industry has gone off the deep end by attempting to monetize basic shit that should have been in the game at launch.

katmai

Uh not really shame, they hav mentioned how they want to add more interactivity to ships. This is first update so I would expect it to be forthcoming

katmai

Remind me to not use any Texas doctors as fate can't read.

But to answer your question c-store is place where you can buy thing with cryptic points for in game yes.
Now for buying he game you should have like 500 cryptic points already, and would hazzard that the respecs will cost around 100 pts.

Fate

http://www.champions-online.com/cryptic_points

It's pretty insulting to have to pay $ for respecs. Really, I'd be happier with paying a higher monthly fee than have to deal with these piddly sums to take advantage of basic MMO features.

How long until they take up IGE's market space and start selling credits?  :lol:

katmai

Well I don't really disagree with you but i get impression first one for each character you have will be free. It is gonna cost you if you are a serial respecer, and in that regard should just cost energy credits.  But hey enough people bitch about it and they might change it as they did with the planned update for champions online.

Barrister

They have always said there would be an in-game method for re-specs, in addition to the C-Store.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on March 13, 2010, 01:19:18 AM
They have always said there would be an in-game method for re-specs, in addition to the C-Store.

Sounds like they're doing in-game before C-store.  Right now, Respec can be done by talking to people in Starbase 1, K7, and a couple other places on the Tribble server.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Hm, so catching up in this thread leads me to believe I made the right choice by not buying this game after having played the beta.

I remain convinced that nothing is ever going to be able to compete with WoW in the MMO genre, which is a damn shame.... or at least that the eventual competitor is still years away.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points