U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Started by PRC, January 18, 2010, 03:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 18, 2010, 06:05:25 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 06:00:43 PM
Answer me this: Do you presuppose that all/many arms manufacturers in the US are fundies?
I think he presupposes that ones that put Biblical quotations on their guns are.  Seems fair to me.

I give up.

The circle is too round.

:frusty:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 18, 2010, 06:06:40 PM
Since when has that style of notation been secret?  :huh:

I think it's a matter of location and context.

Not knowing any better, I'd certainly have assumed those numbers were a parts identifier or something of the sort. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 06:10:21 PM

Then how can you be unsurprised that this company which you've had no prior chance to form an opinion of, does a thing like this?

Are you just being obtuse in order to mess with me?

Honestly, I have no idea what's got your panties in a twist over this.

Sure, what they did was amusing in its lack of self-awareness (I mean, NT quotes on military hardware?), but as I've said, lack of self-awareness isn't all that surprising on the part of fundies. It is more or less their calling-card. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

If a QB playing college football can get away with plastering this sort of thing across the bottom of his eyes so that the tv cameras have to pick up the reference, I am not really sure what the big deal is here. :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 18, 2010, 06:23:29 PM
If a QB playing college football can get away with plastering this sort of thing across the bottom of his eyes so that the tv cameras have to pick up the reference, I am not really sure what the big deal is here. :P

Tebow would freak Europeans out.  ;)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on January 18, 2010, 06:22:59 PM

Then how can you be unsurprised that this company which you've had no prior chance to form an opinion of, does a thing like this?

Sure, what they did was amusing in its lack of self-awareness (I mean, NT quotes on military hardware?), but as I've said, lack of self-awareness isn't all that surprising on the part of fundies. It is more or less their calling-card.

Nevermind.

I'm going to attempt to forget this thread ever happened. :bleeding:

"I'm completely unsurprised that car that just passed was blue."

"Why would you be unsurprised about that?"

"Well, because it was blue, obviously. You saw it, didn't you? It was clearly blue. I was not surprised."

Josquius

Quote from: PDH on January 18, 2010, 06:21:46 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 18, 2010, 06:12:39 PM
Pretty unprofessional.
Actually, they look like they were professionally done, quite neat.
The very idea of it I mean, not the way it was implimented.
It doesn't help make the sights better and they're being made for the army so it would seem to be logical to make them professional and clean.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Anyway, isn't this pretty blasphemous? I mean, a properly blessed gun should include a verse from the Liturgy of the Omnissiah.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 06:31:46 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 18, 2010, 06:22:59 PM

Nevermind.

"Well, because it was blue, obviously. You saw it, didn't you? It was clearly blue. I was not surprised."

Uhm, Jews are tribal. They are into this kind of shit.  :rolleyes:

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 06:31:46 PM
Nevermind.

What I failed to find surprising was the fact that the sort of person who would put NT quotes on military hardware would not reflect on the irony of doing this.

In short, it was a rhetorical device to highlight the fact that they did not so reflect, and should have.

Malthus

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tyr on January 18, 2010, 06:34:35 PM
The very idea of it I mean, not the way it was implimented.
It doesn't help make the sights better and they're being made for the army so it would seem to be logical to make them professional and clean.

Anyone can buy one of these.  The government has just decided these are also what they'll use and ordered a whole shitload of them to put them on the rifles they issue.

Edit:  Here, enjoy: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=TTHBKOHNF4PMDLAQBBICCNNMCAEFCIWE?id=0044064712653a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=1710401&cm_ite=0044064712653a&_requestid=122221