U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Started by PRC, January 18, 2010, 03:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on January 19, 2010, 10:25:04 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 19, 2010, 10:09:31 AM
I'm a bit baffled how any american could possibly not see that this would look really really really bad if it came out?

I am baffled why anyone could think it was anything more than More Fundy Stupid Shit that really doesn't mean much of anything one way or another.

Do you think there is going to be some kind of international incident over this?

:contract:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on January 19, 2010, 10:28:24 AM
The sights give 5% crit chance against darkspawn/heathens.

Sniper Rifles exists to serve man, and never to rule over him.
Foul and corrupt are they
Who have taken His gift
And turned it against Americans.
They shall be named Maleficar, accursed ones.
They shall find no rest in this world
Or beyond.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on January 19, 2010, 10:25:04 AM
I am baffled why anyone could think it was anything more than More Fundy Stupid Shit that really doesn't mean much of anything one way or another.

Heh, careful - Slargos will take offence!  :D

QuoteDo you think there is going to be some kind of international incident over this?

Probably. A really silly one, in my opinion.

In any event, I thought my quote from Jeremiah would be super appropriate for a nuke component. Fear the wrath!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2010, 10:27:43 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 19, 2010, 10:24:52 AM
Then I have you checkmated... I live in the country where the head of state is the head of the church as well :contract:

Does your king have Jesus Codes on his crown?

On the Crown, Sceptre and Staff, yes, the sword is Napoleon's.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on January 19, 2010, 10:26:25 AM
It is funny how often people get the position of the ACLU almost perfectly wrong.
Neil, as he himself will tell you, is "perfect."  Therefor, when he is wrong (and it is often), it is natural that he should be perfectly wrong.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on January 19, 2010, 10:45:34 AM
Where is the secret jesus code there? :contract:

No jesus code, but a real diplomatic incident with dead people and an attempted assassination two weeks ago.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on January 19, 2010, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: grumbler on January 19, 2010, 10:45:34 AM
Where is the secret jesus code there? :contract:

No jesus code, but a real diplomatic incident with dead people and an attempted assassination two weeks ago.

So?

You think the fact that some US company that makes scopes put bible references on them is going to result in that kind of uproar? I rather doubt it. I suspect nobody really cares, in fact.

To the extent that crazy fundy Muslims might be mad at the crazy fundy Christians...again, who cares? And why *should* we care, even if they do get all bent out of shape?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on January 19, 2010, 10:53:31 AM

So?

You think the fact that some US company that makes scopes put bible references on them is going to result in that kind of uproar? I rather doubt it. I suspect nobody really cares, in fact.

To the extent that crazy fundy Muslims might be mad at the crazy fundy Christians...again, who cares? And why *should* we care, even if they do get all bent out of shape?

why should we care? ehh.. cause they kill people?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Viking on January 19, 2010, 11:25:29 AM

I'm thinking the types who are going to go around killing people are going to go around killing people regardless of whether or not some company in Michigan puts "secret jesus codes" on some sights.

Valmy

It's what they do man.  They (and by they I mean people who kill people over cartoons) are angry at something...they cannot really identify...so they just lash out at whatever they can find to be pissed about.  Trying not to piss them off is pointless.  A few Westerners out there will always do something intentionally or unintentionally to piss them off.  Why expend the energy on what is, essentially, their own problem-the fact they get pissed off at insignificant things all the time?  Our job is to prevent them from killing people not keep them from being angry which we cannot control.  How other people choose to feel is not my business.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 19, 2010, 11:29:15 AM

I'm thinking the types who are going to go around killing people are going to go around killing people regardless of whether or not some company in Michigan puts "secret jesus codes" on some sights.

Perhaps, but our efforts in places like Afganistan where we have to rely in part on Muslims (who may be only slighly less religious that the ones fighting us and so may be offended by this sort of thing) are not made easier by such stuff. I admit that to my mind this is a nothing-of-a-nothing, just typical fundie foolishness - but our enemies are likely to use it as propaganda against us with our "friends". 

Sorta reminisent of the events leading up to the great Indian mutiny, where it was alleged that the sepoy's cartridges were smeared with the fat of pigs and cows. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Also would they really be offended by us blaspheming our own scriptures?  If we were putting Islamic stuff on the guns I can see that but since when do Muslims get offended by Christian stuff?

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on January 19, 2010, 11:41:39 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 19, 2010, 11:29:15 AM

Perhaps, but our efforts in places like Afganistan where we have to rely in part on Muslims (who may be only slighly less religious that the ones fighting us and so may be offended by this sort of thing) are not made easier by such stuff. I admit that to my mind this is a nothing-of-a-nothing, just typical fundie foolishness - but our enemies are likely to use it as propaganda against us with our "friends". 

Sorta reminisent of the events leading up to the great Indian mutiny, where it was alleged that the sepoy's cartridges were smeared with the fat of pigs and cows. 

I guess - but then, I suspect that there will always be something, and if there isn't, they will just make something up anyway.

If not this, then it is bibles being flushed down toilets, or the rampant torture going on at gitmo, or muhammed cartoons, or...whatever.

Hell, this is a perfect example of how there will be *something* made over nothing. Might as well stay home because someone is going to scream murder if you step on a bug. There are so many bugs, one will always get stepped on, so there will always be a "justification" for whatever stupidity some radical wants to justify.

So why worry about it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Malthus on January 19, 2010, 11:41:39 AM

It's just an excuse, and they've never had any shortages of those.  If it's not the letters and numbers after the serial number on a sight, it'll be some other silly bullshit thing.

Edit:  What Berkut said.