NFL Week 16: The Steelers Strike Back!

Started by Strix, December 24, 2009, 08:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2009, 08:57:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 08:07:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2009, 08:06:55 PM
You can't beat the refs.
Riiight, it's all the refs fault that the Ravens pull stupid shit. Keep living in denial.

And of course Mason was assaulted by the refs and that is why he dropped the pass in end zone.
Frank Walker's illegal contact penalty on Zbikowski's intereception was the incorrect call because Roflsburger was outside the pocket.  QB outside the pocket = illegal contact calls no longer count. 
But don't tell the refs that when the league's marketing plan is on the line.  Rulebook out the window.
And then there was Heap getting armbarred right in front of the ref on what should have been his third TD catch.  Naturally a no-call.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Neil and Seedy :lol:

Admit you have an undisciplined team already. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 09:28:24 PM

We had an NFL official who came out of our chapter give a speech at our last banquet, and someone asked him what players he liked and which he didn't like.

Said his favorite NFL player was Ray Lewis - plays hard every single play, but is a complete pro about it on the field.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on December 27, 2009, 09:54:50 PM

We had an NFL official who came out of our chapter give a speech at our last banquet, and someone asked him what players he liked and which he didn't like.

Said his favorite NFL player was Ray Lewis - plays hard every single play, but is a complete pro about it on the field.

Too bad he sucks as a leader since the other 10 guys on D keep pulling bonehead mistakes.

Neil

Quoteand Harbaugh's inability to discipline his team.

That said, you just don't understand football due to your Mexicanity.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2009, 10:01:04 PM

What's your excuse, being an Albertan and growing up on 3 down football? :lol:

Neil

Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 10:06:18 PM

I just might have the greatest understanding of football of any man ever born.

katmai

Neil you drafted TO last year in 1st round :lol:

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2009, 10:16:41 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 10:06:18 PM

I just might have the greatest understanding of football of any man ever born.

katmai

Hmm Beeb, neither of my guys are doing much so far, so looking like it will come down to your TE vs my K tomorrow night.

Vince

Well that would explain where Bart Scott got his habit of tripping penalties from...

Sophie Scholl

Down by 9 point with AD left to play.  Dear Hod, I don't ask for much, but could you please see fit to give me this victory?  Thanks.

I'm hoping the latest Browns victory gives Holmgren the faith in Mangini I think he's earned.  With the players he's brought in starting to gel and 11 draft picks this year, it's the chance to mold a solid young core to the team.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2009, 09:20:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2009, 08:57:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 08:07:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2009, 08:06:55 PM
You can't beat the refs.
Riiight, it's all the refs fault that the Ravens pull stupid shit. Keep living in denial.

And of course Mason was assaulted by the refs and that is why he dropped the pass in end zone.
Frank Walker's illegal contact penalty on Zbikowski's intereception was the incorrect call because Roflsburger was outside the pocket.  QB outside the pocket = illegal contact calls no longer count. 
But don't tell the refs that when the league's marketing plan is on the line.  Rulebook out the window.
And then there was Heap getting armbarred right in front of the ref on what should have been his third TD catch.  Naturally a no-call.

And when Dan Fouts calls it, it deserves to be called.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 27, 2009, 11:40:38 PMI'm hoping the latest Browns victory gives Holmgren the faith in Mangini I think he's earned.  With the players he's brought in starting to gel and 11 draft picks this year, it's the chance to mold a solid young core to the team.

He'll get a one year reprieve from Holmgren, much to the player's chagrin.
Face it, fella...Mangenius is the anti-player coach. Didn't work for Belichick until his 3rd team.

Sophie Scholl

Eh, I don't know.  The locker room has had plenty of chances to quit on him or disparage him, they haven't done so.  The problem players, Lewis, Winslow, and Edwards all got shipped for picks and/or players.  I think he's actually got them working for him.  I guess we'll have to wait and see though.  My first concern is keeping Mangini, the close second is to give Cribbs the money he deserves.  That kid is awesome in every level, from on the field to off of it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."