Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

Quote from: vonmoltke on December 28, 2009, 10:41:15 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 27, 2009, 09:12:34 PM
Pats clinch the playoffs!

And get to become one of four teams that will play for the honor of being beaten by the Colts or Bolts. :P
Yeah, that's pretty much what I expect. I didn't really expect too much from the Pats this year.   :(

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on December 28, 2009, 11:13:44 AM
Brandon Stokely gets ejected for being a dumbass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHvBTifG8E
Indeed.  Although I bet the official (probably the field judge) who had that matchup probably feels bad about missing the call on that one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2009, 08:57:28 PM
Frank Walker's illegal contact penalty on Zbikowski's intereception was the incorrect call because Roflsburger was outside the pocket.  QB outside the pocket = illegal contact calls no longer count. 
But don't tell the refs that when the league's marketing plan is on the line.  Rulebook out the window.

At least you didn't have Hochuli calling the game.  I swear that f*cker over-officiates every game he calls, just to maximize his TV face time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Hochuli doesn't ever seem to get Ravens games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on December 28, 2009, 05:39:00 PM

He'd probably end up in a fight with Ray-Ray at midfield after spending another 20 minutes explaining how his bad call screwed the Ravens over for the 5th or 6th time that game.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 28, 2009, 05:39:00 PM

Count yourself lucky.  He's the last thing you need in a referee: an attention whore.

He doesn't do many Bungles games either, come to think of it. 

FWIW, the absolute worst NFL ref I've seen in action is that moron Jerome Boger, who did the Bungles-Broncos game in week 1.  I think he broke the single-game records for: most times forgetting to turn his mic on, most times forgetting to turn his mic *off*, announcing the wrong penalty or totally mispronouncing it, and calling the wrong # of the player who committed a penalty.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on December 28, 2009, 08:34:13 PM
FWIW, the absolute worst NFL ref I've seen in action is that moron Jerome Boger, who did the Bungles-Broncos game in week 1.  I think he broke the single-game records for: most times forgetting to turn his mic on, most times forgetting to turn his mic *off*, announcing the wrong penalty or totally mispronouncing it, and calling the wrong # of the player who committed a penalty.
Is that the black ref with the gumbo accent?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2009, 08:48:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 28, 2009, 08:34:13 PM
Is that the black ref with the gumbo accent?

Yeah.  I guess he was an affirmative action hire, but I'd have to think they had better selections than him.  If they wanted to get another black guy in the NFL referee corps, they should have gotten someone like Mike Carey, the dude who makes that sweeping arm motion when he signals which team the penalty is against.

Barrister

Harumph.  They need to throw more often to Shiancoe.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

This is crazy.  On both of my league finals I am down by a single point.

I'm cheering like mad for Shiancoe and Forte, and booing Peterson and Longwell.

I feel so dirty.   :Embarrass:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on December 28, 2009, 10:14:18 PM
This is crazy.  On both of my league finals I am down by a single point.

I'm cheering like mad for Shiancoe and Forte, and booing Peterson and Longwell.

I feel so dirty.   :Embarrass:

:lol:

And Longwell's xp is blocked  :cry:

katmai