And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 16: The Steelers Strike Back!

Started by Strix, December 24, 2009, 08:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on December 26, 2009, 11:36:41 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 26, 2009, 03:32:39 AM
Jerome Harrison, Marion Barber III, Thomas Jones, and Adrian Peterson.  Which 3 should I start? :hmm:

I would bench Barber, but I hate him with a passion, he has screwed me all year.  Also the Giants are the best defensive team of the four opponents.
I benched Barber last week after his failure the week before to gain 1 yard in four tries.  Figures it'd bite me in the ass.  He has been a streaky bastard this year.  I figure AD is pretty much a guarantee.  Barber has the Redskins, who were mauled by Bradshaw last week, Jones has Indianapolis who might rest starters, and Harrison has Oakland, whose rushing defense is atrocious.  Factor in Derek Anderson under center, and I don't see much passing going on.  I could be wrong though.  It's mainly a debate between Jones and Harrison I think.  Maybe.  Dammit, I don't know.  <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

I have the same debate as last week between Flacco and P. Manning.  It was a non-issue last week as Manning did play the entire game, and Flacco had a surprisingly good game.

RIght now leaning towards Manning playing, but I keep checking sports sites... :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 26, 2009, 03:17:09 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 26, 2009, 11:36:41 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 26, 2009, 03:32:39 AM
Jerome Harrison, Marion Barber III, Thomas Jones, and Adrian Peterson.  Which 3 should I start? :hmm:

I would bench Barber, but I hate him with a passion, he has screwed me all year.  Also the Giants are the best defensive team of the four opponents.
I benched Barber last week after his failure the week before to gain 1 yard in four tries.  Figures it'd bite me in the ass.  He has been a streaky bastard this year.  I figure AD is pretty much a guarantee.  Barber has the Redskins, who were mauled by Bradshaw last week, Jones has Indianapolis who might rest starters, and Harrison has Oakland, whose rushing defense is atrocious.  Factor in Derek Anderson under center, and I don't see much passing going on.  I could be wrong though.  It's mainly a debate between Jones and Harrison I think.  Maybe.  Dammit, I don't know.  <_<

I would not bench Jones, he has been playing well and the Colts aren't a good run defense even when they have all of their starters.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 26, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
I have the same debate as last week between Flacco and P. Manning.  It was a non-issue last week as Manning did play the entire game, and Flacco had a surprisingly good game.

RIght now leaning towards Manning playing, but I keep checking sports sites... :unsure:

Take Manning.

QuoteIn three losses to the Steelers last season, Flacco was sacked 10 times, threw five interceptions and lost a critical fumble that became a quick seven points for Pittsburgh.

Less than a month ago, the Steelers again pounded Flacco - for five more sacks - though he achieved payback in a 20-17 overtime victory. With 289 passing yards and no turnovers, it was easily the best of his four games against the Ravens' biggest rival.

Like I said, take Manning.  The Ravens are going to run, run, and then after that, run some more.

Syt

ESPN actually shows a Steelers game for a change.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

The Steelheads are wearing their French's Mustard helmets today. Shit.

CountDeMoney

Typical yellow helmet Steelers bullshit.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2009, 02:31:09 PM
Typical yellow helmet Steelers bullshit.
Well, it looks like letting Leonhard go was a mistake.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

61 yarder by Janikowski to end the half.  I still don't know who to root for. :Embarrass:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Well, the Ravens have tied it up, despite the refs' best attempts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I told you all the bungles would suck today.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

If you can, catch the Bucs-Aints. the Bucs are giving them hell.