News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 16: The Steelers Strike Back!

Started by Strix, December 24, 2009, 08:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

This is the week that the league makes sure the Steelers make the playoffs and in the process attempt to exclude the Ravens.

With God, Big Ben, and the REFS! How can we lose?!?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Ed Anger

If I look at the standings correctly, I am obligated to root for the Stillers in that game.

Which makes me ill.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Texans (7-7) - Dolphins (7-7) this week.  The Dolphins, strangely enough, have never beaten Houston in four tries. 

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 24, 2009, 08:25:39 PM
If I look at the standings correctly, I am obligated to root for the Stillers in that game.

Which makes me ill.
Why?  You don't think the Bengals can win another game this season?  Cheering for the Steelers to win is beneath you.

At any rate, the Steelers can't make the playoffs anyways, no matter how bad the NFL wants them to.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on December 24, 2009, 08:42:34 PM

Which makes me ill.
Why?  You don't think the Bengals can win another game this season?  Cheering for the Steelers to win is beneath you.

At any rate, the Steelers can't make the playoffs anyways, no matter how bad the NFL wants them to.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bungles couldn't make it past the Chiefs and Jets.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 25, 2009, 09:31:01 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 24, 2009, 08:42:34 PM

Which makes me ill.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bungles couldn't make it past the Chiefs and Jets.
The Chiefs?

If the Bengals can't beat the Chiefs, they shouldn't be in the playoffs anyways.  Do you really want the Bengals coming into the playoffs and getting beaten 48-3 by the Broncos or 41-7 by the Ravens?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Neil

Why would the NFL Network want to show the Tuck Rule game?  It's one of the NFL's most embarrassing moments.

ulmont

Jesus, the Titans are being beat like a red-headed stepchild.

sbr

That was a rather convincing showing by the Super Chargers.  The Colts should be very afraid.  And Chris Johnson got me my weekly 20+ points in my fantasy league.  :cool:

Sophie Scholl

Jerome Harrison, Marion Barber III, Thomas Jones, and Adrian Peterson.  Which 3 should I start? :hmm:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 25, 2009, 10:29:59 PM
That was a rather convincing showing by the Super Chargers.  The Colts should be very afraid. 

Nobody is afraid of the Norv.  particularly in the playoffs.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2009, 08:42:14 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 25, 2009, 10:29:59 PM
That was a rather convincing showing by the Super Chargers.  The Colts should be very afraid. 

Nobody is afraid of the Norv.  particularly in the playoffs.
I don't think that they're afraid of Norv.

At any rate, this is the Chargers' last year to win.  Next year their running game is going to fall apart, and you'll start to see teams employing regular-sized people as cornerbacks, countering the Chargers' basketball players.  Their defence doesn't scare anyone, at least not since Merriman stopped juicing.

sbr

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 26, 2009, 03:32:39 AM
Jerome Harrison, Marion Barber III, Thomas Jones, and Adrian Peterson.  Which 3 should I start? :hmm:

I would bench Barber, but I hate him with a passion, he has screwed me all year.  Also the Giants are the best defensive team of the four opponents.

katmai

Well Rivers got me 22 points last night and hence I'm up 22-0 on Beeb for Arctic Bowl '09
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son