Main Menu

NFL Week 16: The Steelers Strike Back!

Started by Strix, December 24, 2009, 08:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 09:28:24 PM
Neil and Seedy :lol:

Admit you have an undisciplined team already. :rolleyes:

John Madden once said that you can technically call a penalty during every play;  however, when the...

Oh, never mind.  You're as bad as they are.  Prejudiced beyond recourse.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 10:29:37 PM
Hmm Beeb, neither of my guys are doing much so far, so looking like it will come down to your TE vs my K tomorrow night.

Aye.  I didn't think this would be so close.

You have a 3 point lead and Ryan Longwell left to play.  I have Visanthe Shiancoe.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 27, 2009, 11:45:29 PM
the close second is to give Cribbs the money he deserves.

Heh, good luck with that.  It's the Son of Lerner calling the shots.  He's turning into Bill Bidwell, circa 1993.
Expect to see Cribbs in a Pats uniform next season.  And Vince Jackson.  And Owen Daniels. And Elvis Dumervil. And Antoine Bethea.

Barrister

Huh - almost same situation in my other fantasy league.  I'm in the final, down by one point, opposition has Adrian Peterson, I have Matt Forte.

Honestly, I prefer my chances in LFFL.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2009, 11:52:27 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 27, 2009, 11:45:29 PM
the close second is to give Cribbs the money he deserves.

Heh, good luck with that.  It's the Son of Lerner calling the shots.  He's turning into Bill Bidwell, circa 1993.
Expect to see Cribbs in a Pats uniform next season.  And Vince Jackson.  And Owen Daniels. And Elvis Dumervil. And Antoine Bethea.
He's still under contract for a few more years, it's more a matter of giving the guy his due.  Harrison is a free agent after this season.  It'll be interesting to see if they keep him after his last 2 games.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

JacobL

Take that Saints!! :D

Oh and thanks for that "problem player" TE Browns  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: JacobL on December 28, 2009, 12:04:36 AM

Did you see on ESPN this morning that, in addiition to the standing invite by Carolina, Cowher is expected to get back into coaching next year, and was contacted by Tampa Bay for 2010?
He'd fix that franchise.

Berkut

IN other news, there is no news on the Bills attempts to attract a big name coaching talent to Buffalo. The silence is deafening.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on December 28, 2009, 12:35:01 AM
IN other news, there is no news on the Bills attempts to attract a big name coaching talent to Buffalo. The silence is deafening.
Maybe once they move to Toronto they can get someone? :console:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 27, 2009, 11:40:38 PM
Down by 9 point with AD left to play.  Dear Hod, I don't ask for much, but could you please see fit to give me this victory?  Thanks.

I'm hoping the latest Browns victory gives Holmgren the faith in Mangini I think he's earned.  With the players he's brought in starting to gel and 11 draft picks this year, it's the chance to mold a solid young core to the team.

Which RB did you end up benching?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on December 28, 2009, 01:14:12 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 27, 2009, 11:40:38 PM
Down by 9 point with AD left to play.  Dear Hod, I don't ask for much, but could you please see fit to give me this victory?  Thanks.

I'm hoping the latest Browns victory gives Holmgren the faith in Mangini I think he's earned.  With the players he's brought in starting to gel and 11 draft picks this year, it's the chance to mold a solid young core to the team.

Which RB did you end up benching?
Harrison.  He had the best game out of my running backs today, but not dramatically so.  21.80 for him, 17.00 for Barber, and 19.10 for Jones.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

KRonn

I was certainly surprised to see both Saints and Colts lose, breaking their win streaks. Saints got beat by a poor team, while the Colts seem to have lost in the last few minutes in a close game with the NY Jets, from what I could tell with the sports highlights.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 27, 2009, 09:12:34 PM
Pats clinch the playoffs!

And get to become one of four teams that will play for the honor of being beaten by the Colts or Bolts. :P

JacobL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 28, 2009, 12:06:08 AM
Quote from: JacobL on December 28, 2009, 12:04:36 AM

Did you see on ESPN this morning that, in addiition to the standing invite by Carolina, Cowher is expected to get back into coaching next year, and was contacted by Tampa Bay for 2010?
He'd fix that franchise.
I have been hearing that rumor.  I didn't like it too much at first as the current Head Coach has made some decent moves and called some decent games on defense recently and shows signs of improvement.  Key problem is they already have to overhaul part of the staff this off season but word is some key assistance are going elsewhere next year for other jobs and if the whole staff except head coach needs to be changed anyways might as well finish the job.  Their special teams coach, one of the best in football as evident by all the block kicks and run backs this year, is likely heading to college to coach with a good friend. 

Cowher would have better success assembling a new staff and while current HC Morris has shown improvement I don't really trust him to assemble a good staff at this point.  I personally don't like the 3-4 but if he doesn't change it or at least not totally then Cowher would be a big boost due to the FAs and coaches he could bring in to go with the young player core of the Bucs.  I like the recent signs of life but it appears a new rebuild of the coaching staff is coming anyways so might as well try to improve the HC at the same time.

Ed Anger

As long as he is off TV, then good luck chin. Dude sucks on CBS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive