Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

I have Steam, I have no clue how to do the whole chat thing.  Can we get a quick run down on what I need to do?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Heh, well maybe slargos or tamas can tell us, as I have no clue either.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 02:35:06 AM

Oh, great, we're relying on the Europeans!  :face:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 02:41:18 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 02:35:06 AM

Oh, great, we're relying on the Europeans!  :face:

Yeah and no idea who is hosting, I was hoping to try a test with host before game time, just to see how connection was*

*though Habbuku's recommendation of Hamachi quells most of my worries on that front.

Slargos

Well. This is going to be amusing.

I tell you, when I was GM there was a zero tolerance policy on this kind of liberal bullshit. People made up their minds in the time allotted, or I made them up for them.

Of course, now that I come to think on it.. my reign of terror, like Hitler's, only lasted for about 2-3 years before I started to see signs of malcontent and rebellion.

BUT IT WAS A FUNCTIONAL COUPLE OF YEARS WHERE THE GAMES RAN ON TIME.

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 03:41:14 AM

I tell you, when I was GM there was a zero tolerance policy on this kind of liberal bullshit. People made up their minds in the time allotted, or I made them up for them.

What are you babbling about you drunken swede?

Slargos

Re: Hamachi

It generally solves most connection issues with EU.

Re: Steam

1. Install.
2. Register.
3. Add everyone.
4. My steam contact info is [THED] Slargos / [email protected]

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 03:48:52 AM

I am babbling about the fact that we won't have a host today, and that similar kinds of shit was not permitted in my games.  :P

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

I am babbling about the fact that we won't have a host today, and that similar kinds of shit was not permitted in my games.  :P

Well who is in charge of this chicken shit outfit anyways, so i know who to complain to?

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 03:49:46 AM
Re: Hamachi

It generally solves most connection issues with EU.

Re: Steam

1. Install.
2. Register.
3. Add everyone.
4. My steam contact info is [THED] Slargos / [email protected]

I've dl'd Hamachi, so will see about that.

Steam, Slargos has been added as friend, but he's only one as I don't know anybody else's screen name/email :P

my screen name is katmai73

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 03:51:31 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Well who is in charge of this chicken shit outfit anyways, so i know who to complain to?

First order of business: Torture the thread starter for information. Even if he isn't in charge, he is responsible for getting us into this situation in the first place.

Slargos

On the subject of Hamachi:

If one person needs to use it to connect reliably, everyone has to use it.

I don't know what it does to steam.

Alcibiades

I'm not buying a game from steam to use their shitty software, I can't load friends.

Besides, whats the whole issue with chatting in game like the old days, or what not?

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 04:04:59 AM
I'm not buying a game from steam to use their shitty software, I can't load friends.

Oh.

Well that's whack.

Can't you get some $1 title?

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 04:04:59 AM

Besides, whats the whole issue with chatting in game like the old days, or what not?

Crashbug makes chatting ingame very inconvenient.