Started by CountDeMoney, December 12, 2009, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 14, 2009, 12:10:07 PM
I have seen couples where a woman withholds sex.  Thankfully my wife views that as being entirely disfunctional.

I'm reliably informed that the best way to ensure your husband doesn't cheat is to "squeeze him dry".

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 14, 2009, 12:40:26 PMWe were talking to another couple at a diner party and the wife said she had withheld sex for a month to punish her husband for something or other.  He seemed to accept that this was the way of world.

I found it all astonishing.

Yeah, when put that explicitly.  On the other hand "I don't feel like fucking when you make me feel miserable" makes sense, and the line between those two could potentially be fairly blurry.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on December 14, 2009, 01:25:26 PM
I'm reliably informed that the best way to ensure your husband doesn't cheat is to "squeeze him dry".

Couldn't hurt!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 14, 2009, 12:40:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2009, 12:24:21 PM
I've heard of deliberately withholding sex to get one's way, but find it hard to imagine.

We were talking to another couple at a diner party and the wife said she had withheld sex for a month to punish her husband for something or other.  He seemed to accept that this was the way of world.

It seems a very odd way for alleged adults to behave.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2009, 01:56:27 PM
I've heard of deliberately withholding sex to get one's way, but find it hard to imagine.

We were talking to another couple at a diner party and the wife said she had withheld sex for a month to punish her husband for something or other.  He seemed to accept that this was the way of world.

People behave oddly all the fucking time, http://www.languish.org . Film at 11.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 14, 2009, 12:38:27 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 14, 2009, 12:26:56 PM
Most women are clever enough to say they have a headache rather than straight up saying they're withholding sex to punish you

Really.  I have seen that on TV but do women really say that and do men really fall for that or are men smart enough to know what is really happening?
I get that line sometimes.  I know it's BS but it's usually easier not to argue (or else I will be the one with a (non-fake) headache  :blush: )
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2009, 09:20:56 PM
OK, since this whole Tiger Woods thing has come up, I've been having this discussion with a lady friend of mine regarding "wifely duties", adultery, etc.

In the whole "wondering why he'd do that shit" discussion, I posited the question of whether Mrs. Woods had, well, terminated "wifely duties", or at least brought them to a substantial curbing of frequency/quality/whathaveyou.

Now, she's of the opinion that, regardless of the state of the sexual relationship in a marriage, men have no right to violate the committment if the faucets are turned off, as a marriage can still be "emotionally fulfilling" without sex.  In short, just because he's not getting it at home, he still doesn't have the right to get it elsewhere, either.

I am of the opinion that, just as a husband does not possess the legal, moral or ecclesiastical right to rape his wife, neither does the wife possess the right to enforce celibacy unto her hubby.

So, when it comes to adultery, her operative term is "commitment".  Mine is "breach of contract".

For you married people, ex-married people, and people about to make that stupid ass mistake of a lifetime, what say you?  Is adultery justified in certain cases?

*For the record, my lady friend has her husband in "embargo" mode.  :P

Hmm, I don't think I could commit adultery, but then again, I've avoided commitment so far...  And I'm not 33&super rich either, that does limit my possibilities of banging hot chicks.  At some point, you get tired of the chubby ones, and exchanging one chubby for another chubby is not that attractive.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that this should be discusses in the couple prior to the action, i.e. both should have the right to have sexual encounters on their on.  If the embargo on sex is something absolutely essential for one member of the couple and the other can not live in this situation, then they should not be together.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on December 14, 2009, 01:58:19 PM

People behave oddly all the fucking time, http://www.languish.org . Film at 11.

Know that line about "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would accept me?"

Languish is what you get when that rule is broken.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Sometimes marriage comes down to who can out passive aggressive the other one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Does anal sex count as sex during an embargo?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2009, 04:30:52 PM

Sometimes marriage comes down to who can out passive aggressive the other one.

I've found that both people being stubborn as a mule does not make for a happy engagement.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on December 14, 2009, 04:32:30 PM
Does anal sex count as sex during an embargo?

It's not sex if it's with another guy.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2009, 04:13:50 PM
At some point, you get tired of the chubby ones, and exchanging one chubby for another chubby is not that attractive.

That's crazy talk.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on December 13, 2009, 05:47:08 AM
2. He is gay and this is a big cover-up campaign, to preempt some potential gay lover coming out with a story about banging Tiger Woods, since any such lover would be now dismissed as a me-too-ist and not treated seriously (assuming he doesn't have fluid evidence, Clay Aiken's style :P).

You have to be kidding me.

Do you really think everybody is gay?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"