Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Started by Caliga, December 08, 2009, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Almond
10 (18.2%)
Apple
24 (43.6%)
Apricot
2 (3.6%)
Cherry
23 (41.8%)
Fig
10 (18.2%)
Hazelnut
8 (14.5%)
Peach
24 (43.6%)
Pear
16 (29.1%)
Pecan
11 (20%)
Quince
2 (3.6%)
Walnut
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2012, 07:27:59 PM
Yesterday I hung some Spanish Moss I stole from Disney World on one of my nearly-dead ash trees (thank you, China, for yet another destructive goddamn import).
I look forward to the visit from the DSP.  :ph34r:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

sbr

Digital Signal Processor
Dean Stewart Photography
Defense Standardization Program

???

Grey Fox

Today, I planted a Norway Spruce. May it grow big, may it grow fast to hide these hideous condo from my view.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Reminds me, one of my backyard neighbors just cut down a bunch of the trees between our houses (on his side of the fence of course).  I have one of the few 2 level houses around here so now I can see into his backyard.  :x 

katmai

Quote from: sbr on May 06, 2012, 08:01:26 PM
Digital Signal Processor
Dean Stewart Photography

???

No
No
No

I've said too much already, but suffice to say when Goofy is at Caliga's front door he'll think twice about stealing from Disney ever again.

Caliga

Given how much of that moss there is down there, literally covering every non-palm tree, I would think Disney would thank me for my efforts. :showoff:

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2012, 08:13:12 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 06, 2012, 08:01:26 PM
Digital Signal Processor
Dean Stewart Photography

???

No
No
No

I've said too much already, but suffice to say when Goofy is at Caliga's front door he'll think twice about stealing from Disney ever again.

Know your Disney.

Caliga

Granny Smith is down to a single support stake, which I'll probably pull out mid to late summer.  I also restaked the magnolia higher up because it was growing lopsided.

In other gardening news, I noticed a bunch of teeny burrows along the treeline and internet research suggests I have a vole problem.  Those little fuckers are probably what killed my fuji apple tree last year.  Time to pick up some mouse traps and jam them into the vole holes.  Last night I also saw a cottontail right behind my apple trees and the dumb bastard just sat there looking at me until I got within 10 feet.  Methinks I should also pick up some .22 ratshot at Wal-Mart along with the mouse traps. :menace:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2012, 10:25:46 AM
Granny Smith is down to a single support stake, which I'll probably pull out mid to late summer.  I also restaked the magnolia higher up because it was growing lopsided.

In other gardening news, I noticed a bunch of teeny burrows along the treeline and internet research suggests I have a vole problem.  Those little fuckers are probably what killed my fuji apple tree last year.  Time to pick up some mouse traps and jam them into the vole holes.  Last night I also saw a cottontail right behind my apple trees and the dumb bastard just sat there looking at me until I got within 10 feet.  Methinks I should also pick up some .22 ratshot at Wal-Mart along with the mouse traps. :menace:

Annihilate the vermin!

<hums the Panzerlied>

Caliga