Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Started by Caliga, December 08, 2009, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Almond
10 (18.2%)
Apple
24 (43.6%)
Apricot
2 (3.6%)
Cherry
23 (41.8%)
Fig
10 (18.2%)
Hazelnut
8 (14.5%)
Peach
24 (43.6%)
Pear
16 (29.1%)
Pecan
11 (20%)
Quince
2 (3.6%)
Walnut
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2012, 10:35:05 AM
Why you gotta touch their holes, Brain? :(

They touch my tralala. My ding ding dong.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2012, 09:26:16 PM
Granny Smith is going to produce apples this year... at least a dozen apple buds on it. :cool:
We had a huge hailstorm that knocked all of the buds but one off of the Granny Smith.  But that bud has developed into a nice apple. :cool:

My peach almost died from transplant shock but it recovered and now it's growing like crazy, except for the central leader which has some weird white shit on the bark... but I want this tree to have an open form so I don't give that much of a shit about the leader (which will eventually be pruned out anyway), as long as the side branches are ok.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

:P One apple! That's one valuable apple. Enjoy it. Make an ice cream dessert with it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

That's no way to talk about the dear central leader.

KRonn

I ate the first corn from my garden tonight, with a couple dozen or more ears of corn ready or nearly ready to harvest. I must have several dozen or more out there as well, not quite as ready. I have well over a hundred corn plants.

Also had my first cherry tomatoes this week. The other plants have lots of green tomatoes.

Been fighting a battle with a groundhog! I've put down animal repellent, a couple of different kinds,but those don't seem to have helped. Put in a motion detector that plays sounds only animals hear and shines a light, which  doesn't seem to be working. So I called an exterminator, and there's couple of traps in the garden now. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack, going after those damn varmint Cong!   Plus I do have some cool outdoor hats which should help me catch those critters! Australian Tilley hat, and other similar ones.   :alberta:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Heh, those pics remind me. I was talking with my neighbor that owns the shed where the groundhog lives under. He was talking about using a small handgun with birdshot. I guess he may have one. But it's too crowded here, houses all around, and illegal to be firing off a weapon. Though a couple neighbors talked about trying to use a pellet gun on critters in their gardens.

Maximus

Not sure a pellet gun would penetrate a groundhog's fur. A crossbow would though.

MadImmortalMan

I do use an air rifle. It's a 1200 foot per second pellet gun. Works fine for the stuff that's usually invading my yard--quail.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 27, 2012, 03:46:15 PM
I do use an air rifle. It's a 1200 foot per second pellet gun. Works fine for the stuff that's usually invading my yard--quail.

<_< I'd get arrested if i shot at what invades my yard.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

I have given it some careful consideration ofer the last wo and a half years, as I wanted to be sure to give Cal the best possible advice.

I have now voted: Apple, Peach and Pear
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

This morning a possum was caught in the trap!  :yeah:  Not the critter I was going for but I knew there were possums roaming around. Traps are still there now, to catch more of those varmint Cong!