News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Alot of the gripes of the game I think could be because of it's releasing on consoles as well as PC.  Areas must be smaller to accommodate consoles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 15, 2010, 12:11:07 PM
All those examples are from Lothering or before.  If that's how far you are, you're only a few hours in to an 80 hour game.

Yeah most of his complaints indicate he has not played the game much.  Small areas?  Really?

Eh oh well he clearly prefers Bethesda style games which I really don't like.  Fortunately for him he can play shit I hate like Oblivion and I can play shit he hates like Dragon Age.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2010, 04:46:29 PM
Alot of the gripes of the game I think could be because of it's releasing on consoles as well as PC.  Areas must be smaller to accommodate consoles.

Eh the exact same complaints could be made about every single Bioware game after Baldur's Gate one.  He just doesn't like Bioware games he prefers Bethesda.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Quote from: Valmy on January 16, 2010, 10:54:55 PM

Eh the exact same complaints could be made about every single Bioware game after Baldur's Gate one.  He just doesn't like Bioware games he prefers Bethesda.
:hmm:
Yeah but...how? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

grumbler

Quote from: Alatriste on January 15, 2010, 02:15:08 AM
Well, I don't know if my complaints coincide with Grumbler's but
(snip)
My issues are similar, but mostly revolve around the fact that I don't find the PC very deep or interesting (and you cannot do anything to make him/her deep or interesting) and the story is mediocre.  The voice acting is great, as you note, and some of the NPC banter is good, but the game doesn't give me any reason to give a shit, so I don't.

I quite enjoyed Mass Effect, but have no desire to play Mass Effect 2.  It may just be that my tolerance for "straitjacket" games like this (or ME, or The Witcher, which I also enjoyed but never replayed) is just limited, and when the counter reaches zero I am done with the genre for a while.

Certainly, I am not saying that this is a bad game.  It is just a bad game for me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Syt on January 15, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

I thought Dragon Age was a step back (not a big one, but noticeable) from Mass Effect, especially the character graphics.
Disagree, I thought ME's effect were poorer than this game.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2010, 03:07:12 AM
The new DLC is out.

Ah, i thought it came out weeks ago, didn't know it had been delayed.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on January 30, 2010, 03:45:21 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2010, 03:07:12 AM
The new DLC is out.

Ah, i thought it came out weeks ago, didn't know it had been delayed.

Apparently it came out and was withdrawn due to bugs.

grumbler

Got bored with all the snow days and so I picked this up again, playing as a mage.

Re-doing the battles I ad done before (Redcliff and Ostrogar) was a real chore, but I perservered and got into the new action, which was the mage's tower quest.  I quite enjoyed that one - there were still many boring battles, but there were some new/different decisions to make (the shape-changing thing was fun) and the boss battles were quite good. 

Mages aren't that great to play, but they are a whole lot less frustrating under player control than when running themselves on tactics, and the other players work well under tactics. Since one needs a mage or two in a party, it seems best to be the mage as the PC.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I played through as a Mage (he was mostly a healing mage).  For a while I had a party of Me, Morigan Alastair and Leliana.  Unfortunately I came to feel that Leliana wasn't really pulling her weight so I ended up using the Dwarf or the Golem more.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: grumbler on February 13, 2010, 11:56:38 AM
Re-doing the battles I ad done before (Redcliff and Ostrogar) was a real chore, but I perservered and got into the new action, which was the mage's tower quest.

You didn't need to do Redcliff again before moving on to all the things you hadn't done yet.  After Lothering you can go where you want.

A PC mage is probably the easiest way to go through the game, without respecing Morrigan and Wynne for a more efficient build.

As for Leliana, I haven't really used her, but she's supposed to do really huge damage if you level her right and focus on archery.  I found her dull though.

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 13, 2010, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 13, 2010, 11:56:38 AM
Re-doing the battles I ad done before (Redcliff and Ostrogar) was a real chore, but I perservered and got into the new action, which was the mage's tower quest.

You didn't need to do Redcliff again before moving on to all the things you hadn't done yet.  After Lothering you can go where you want.

A PC mage is probably the easiest way to go through the game, without respecing Morrigan and Wynne for a more efficient build.

As for Leliana, I haven't really used her, but she's supposed to do really huge damage if you level her right and focus on archery.  I found her dull though.

I never could get much use out of her in combat.  She kept getting her ass handed to her.  I wish the game let you have 5 companions in a party at once instead of 3.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 13, 2010, 03:38:01 PM

Generally I go to Redcliffe last actually.  In regards to the mage, I think they're probably the hardest character to use on the 360.  It's hard as hell to pick targets from a distance I think.  Leliana definitely does get insanely good at the end.  I pimped her out with Marjolaine's bow and a whole bunch of ranged damage boosting gear and she was pretty impressive.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Finished it. I played a male human tank on Easy. I really liked the game.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.