News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

QuoteOk, so we only have two examples for this one, but dammit they deserve a mention. If Terminator ever comes true, we hope that every robot that crunches the human skull is just like KOTOR's HK-47. As he stands over our mutilated torso, his cold, unfeeling eyes glaring into ours as we take our last breath, at least we can die knowing the last words we hear are "Ironic Statement: Look alive, Meatbag!"
:lmfao:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Queequeg on February 25, 2010, 03:01:05 AM
QuoteOk, so we only have two examples for this one, but dammit they deserve a mention. If Terminator ever comes true, we hope that every robot that crunches the human skull is just like KOTOR's HK-47. As he stands over our mutilated torso, his cold, unfeeling eyes glaring into ours as we take our last breath, at least we can die knowing the last words we hear are "Ironic Statement: Look alive, Meatbag!"
:lmfao:

There is an alien species in ME2 that talks like that too.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 25, 2010, 12:43:31 PM
There is an alien species in ME2 that talks like that too.  :P

The Elcor...though the spirit of HK-47 is better exemplified by the Batarians who are an entire species seemingly based off Morbo from Futurama.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

DisturbedPervert

I'd never think of Alistair as smooth or charming.  He was white though.

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 25, 2010, 01:17:54 PM

The lady gamers love him man.  He is pretty charming it seems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2010, 02:18:57 PM

I thought of him as a goofy sidekick.  I liked him though.  He was unhappy I made him king.  Then I pointed out that Anora would have had him killed and he warmed up to the idea.  Actually, for a PC game most of the people were well written.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 25, 2010, 03:46:58 PM
Actually, for a PC game most of the people were well written.

Very hard to write games since, you know, the plot can go in so many directions.  The scripts are just nightmares.

...hey wait what is about the game being on PC that means the writing is expected to be subpar? :(

DisturbedPervert

I thought of him as a goofy sidekick. 

The lady gamers love goofy sidekicks

Martinus

Well, at least as a gay guy, I can tell you Alistair is pretty hot. He is funny, cute and well-meaning. He is the male equivalent of Leliana - can you imagine finding her attractive? If so, the same goes for Alistair.

Zevran and Morrigan are, otoh, for people who prefer bad boys/bad girls.

Sophie Scholl

And then there's dog for The Brain.  Everyone wins!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Korea

I loved him at first but the closer we got the more I realized that he's a giant fucking pussy and it's really annoying. I mean he wouldn't even let us fuck because he was a virgin!! WTF?
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

I thought of him as a goofy sidekick.  I liked him though.  He was unhappy I made him king.  Then I pointed out that Anora would have had him killed and he warmed up to the idea.  Actually, for a PC game most of the people were well written.

I think you forgot the title of the thread.  <_< <_< <_<
I want my mother fucking points!