News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

For game discussion without plot spoilers.

Do NOT post plot information of any kind without marking it as a spoiler. In fact, the only reason to post anything that *might* be a spoiler is if it is relevant to an ongoing gameplay discussion, and then it should be marked as such.

Frankly, this is how *any* game should be discussed, and it is rather sad that some douchebags make it necessary to spell this out.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

grumbler

Thanks.  I took a break from the game because i was getting bored by the combat system (rather like the break I took from Mass Effect and The Witcher, in fact) and wanted to have a place to post general questions.  Obviously, the other thread isn't that place.

Is is possible to change the other thread title so that it reflects "spoilers allowed" or something, so that Polish self-described lawyers people who insist on posting spoilers won't see "spoiler" in this thread title and assume that this means to post spoilers here?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

So... is this thread going to be about people bitching that people post spoilers in the other thread?

Frankly I can't wait to see people discuss stuff that is not spoilerish here. I'm curious what could the topics be.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on November 23, 2009, 10:29:41 AM
So... is this thread going to be about people bitching that people post spoilers in the other thread?

Frankly I can't wait to see people discuss stuff that is not spoilerish here. I'm curious what could the topics be.

Oh FFS let it go already.

Berkut

This is also a "bitching about the spoiler free thread"-free thread. Further posts will be deleted.If in fact the thread is not needed, then it will simply die off. So what? Let it go.[/]

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2009, 10:27:15 AM
Thanks.  I took a break from the game because i was getting bored by the combat system (rather like the break I took from Mass Effect and The Witcher, in fact) and wanted to have a place to post general questions.  Obviously, the other thread isn't that place.

I stopped playing as well for a bit.  There appear to be some bugs that need to be ironed out especially for bow users.  I read on the forums that bows are supposed to be modified by a combination of strength and dex but currently it is all strength which messes up rogues who want to use bows.

Also, I want to wait to see if some better tools come out so that there is more transparency as to how stats and skills actually modify actions.

Berkut

WTF? Man, my main is a bow specialized Rogue - I was wondering why his damage was so unimpressive, even now that he is up to level 9.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

:face:

Yeah, I usually keep Leliana in the party for her rogue skills + bard buffs but I'll switch back to Zhevran now, if all I am getting are her bard boosts in fact.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Dammit no dex bonus for bows? ouch

The Brain

I support this thread. I have just started playing and I may still want to check out a thread on the game.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2009, 11:43:52 AM

Yeah, I usually keep Leliana in the party for her rogue skills + bard buffs but I'll switch back to Zhevran now, if all I am getting are her bard boosts in fact.

She's such a bore.  I left her at camp the entire run except once when I payed a visit to Flemeth...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I like her. More fun then Wynne.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.