News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm still in game 1. I'm bored with one of the major plot points so I've been doing side stuff.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on November 23, 2009, 02:13:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 02:11:22 PM

I only just went to my camp for the first time last night. :lol:

I meant the game, not the camp.

But that's how far (or not) I am in the game.  I just left that starting village.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on November 23, 2009, 02:09:30 PM
How many times have you people gone through?  Other than our suave slavic friend that is?  :P

G.

I'd say I'm 30% into playthru #1.

I'm clocking at 50 hours. Yes, I'm slow.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2009, 02:25:25 PM

There is some function on your character sheet that can tell you exactly how far along you are.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2009, 02:32:22 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2009, 02:25:25 PM

There is some function on your character sheet that can tell you exactly how far along you are.

I'll take a look & report tomorrow then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I had Leliana all set up with her bow on my first play through and I thought was a great addition...but there were some things I would do differently next time.

I think giving rogues bows is sort of a waste.  They cannot steal things and use their rogue skills unless they are in close combat.  In fact I am trying on my second playthrough on a rogue to just get rogue skills and forget the weapon skills for awhile.  I need to be out there backstabbing and stunning and debuffing and stealing stuff not hanging back shooting a bow.

By the way Leliana is a pretty cool bard archetype, I enjoyed her little insights and lore and all that and she was a nice and colorful character.  I don't really see how she would be considered a bore...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2009, 03:12:35 PM
I had Leliana all set up with her bow on my first play through and I thought was a great addition...but there were some things I would do differently next time.

I think giving rogues bows is sort of a waste.  They cannot steal things and use their rogue skills unless they are in close combat.  In fact I am trying on my second playthrough on a rogue to just get rogue skills and forget the weapon skills for awhile.  I need to be out there backstabbing and stunning and debuffing and stealing stuff not hanging back shooting a bow.

By the way Leliana is a pretty cool bard archetype, I enjoyed her little insights and lore and all that and she was a nice and colorful character.  I don't really see how she would be considered a bore...

She's taking up a party slot that could be used by a character the gays are attracted to. That's why she's a "bore".  :P

In any case, I put a script on her that has her stealth and then steal whenever she is being attacked by melee. The chance to steal certainly seems to come up more often than I expected it would when set up like that. Aside--I hate how conversations that result in combat always teleport all my peeps into a big group standing right in front of the opponent. I wish I could enter those conversations with Lel back in the other room or something.  :(
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grallon

... I don't really see how she would be considered a bore...

She's a gigly girl that's how

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Quote from: viper37 on November 23, 2009, 02:04:58 PM
Option #2:
Trial and error.  Give a gift, check the relation bonus, reload if it's below +4.
I have done this more times than I care to admit.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on November 23, 2009, 03:34:47 PM

Which, while not unique, was sort of refreshing and interesting.  Most computer game women are stereotypical tough bitches so it was nice to have a little variety.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2009, 03:36:49 PM
I have done this more times than I care to admit.  :blush:

I cheat and use lists on the internet.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2009, 03:37:05 PM
Which, while not unique, was sort of refreshing and interesting.  Most computer game women are stereotypical tough bitches so it was nice to have a little variety.
I think she's physically hotter than Morrigan, but Morrigan's personality is way hotter, so my PC is currently drilling Morrigan.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

Quote from: Grallon on November 23, 2009, 03:34:47 PM
... I don't really see how she would be considered a bore...

I don't remember Leliana doing a great amount of giggling. She's sweet and caring but she's not stupid.

Martinus

Yeah, I don't mind Leliana. I think she is ok - I just like Zevran more.

Oh and I know this is not a spoiler thread but once you learn Leliana's back story you realize she is not an idiot at all. She is actually quite interesting and complex.

garbon

I find her dull as I've not heard any witty banter out of here when I've had her about.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.