News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 09:50:54 AM
Dunno if I agree with the "clearly doesn't work" statement, but in difficult battles I feel that I'm forced to control all the characters at all times, which means nonstop pausing.  I don't mind this so much but I know other people probably do, like grumbler (who IIRC said he wouldn't pick up the game if he heard you had to pause it all the time).  In easy battles the characters do well enough on their own with the tactical AI, but you can't trust them to not behave like retards in difficult fights (e.g. Zhevran "I'll charge right into a horde of elite Qunari mercenaries and allow myself to be completely surrounded!")

My favorite was a random battle where we all need to shoot projectiles from behind a wooden barricade. I had to disable the tactics for Zhevran as he had a tendency to stop shooting with his bow and run out of the barricades...<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2009, 01:03:53 PM
My favorite was a random battle where we all need to shoot projectiles from behind a wooden barricade. I had to disable the tactics for Zhevran as he had a tendency to stop shooting with his bow and run out of the barricades...<_<

Did you change his behavior to 'ranged' instead of 'default'?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Dear hod, the giant spider are disgusting. Epsecially when they use their "overwhelm" skill. :x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

Really think this game has too much combat at times.  Turned down to easy for a bit as I was getting annoyed by it, wasn't even difficult at normal.

Slargos

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 26, 2009, 06:17:51 AM
Really think this game has too much combat at times.  Turned down to easy for a bit as I was getting annoyed by it, wasn't even difficult at normal.

OMG! SPOILARS!  :mad:

Queequeg

How much do the two add ons cost?  Are they worth it?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Queequeg on November 27, 2009, 02:32:00 PM

Stone prisoner is free if you buy the game new right now, $15 otherwise.  The other one is $7, free if you buy the digital deluxe edition.  Can't speak for that one, but Stone Prisoner is no way in hell worth $15 if they ever stop giving it away with new copies.

Caliga

I bought the other one and IMO it was worth $7 or close to it.  Something about the mechanics of it annoyed me at the end:

[spoiler]Once you reclaim the Keep and exit it, you can't re-enter it.  I left some loot behind in there because I assumed I could get to it later.[/spoiler]
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

:frusty:

Speaking of the Keep, now it's bugged out as well.  :mad:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Queequeg on November 27, 2009, 02:32:00 PM
There's technically a third add-on as well that's on the back of the Stone Prisoner redemption code card.  It's for Blood Dragon armor in both Argon Age and Mass Effect 2 when it comes out.  I registered the code and its listed as active, though I haven't figured out how to get it in game yet.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

If you redeemed the code you should have the chest piece in inventory (needs str38 to wear it)
rest can be purchased from vendor in your camp
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2009, 03:49:51 PM
:frusty:

Speaking of the Keep, now it's bugged out as well.  :mad:

You keep talking about bugs but I didn't have any trouble when I visited the keep (haven't used Shale yet so can't speak about that).  What exactly are you refering to?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2009, 04:40:12 PM
Yeah I think it is just cal :lol:
Nein.  Tons of people on the Bioware boards complain about the same thing, and Bioware has acknowledged the issues and claims to be working on fixing them.