News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

When making a game it's best that you don't have the main character annoy the fuck out the player.  The main character talking could easily lead to this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2009, 02:16:46 AM
When making a game it's best that you don't have the main character annoy the fuck out the player.  The main character talking could easily lead to this.

:lol:  Very true.

I kept trying to explain why having the PC talk was a bad idea or hard to do but she didn't care; it pissed her off so it was wrong.  Sort of a microcosm. 

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on December 12, 2009, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 12, 2009, 04:09:05 PM
Ah.  PC glitch?  I am wondering if/when they'll update/patch things for people like Martinus and I on the 360. :(

:nelson

Sorry can't resist.
Meh, there's been nothing game-breaking I've run into so far.  Just little stuff here and there.  I'd have loved to get it for the pc, but it'd have been a waste as my pc sucks.  A lot.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I own Mass Effect for some reason but have never played it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on December 14, 2009, 10:03:25 AM
You should give it a try.  I'm not done with Dragon Age yet, but from what I've seen so far I think overall I will like Mass Effect better.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 09:26:26 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 14, 2009, 10:03:25 AM
You should give it a try.  I'm not done with Dragon Age yet, but from what I've seen so far I think overall I will like Mass Effect better.

I intend to.  I imagine it's a bit like Bioshock which I liked.

Faeelin

Just bought it to celebrate the end of finals. What to play?

katmai

Quote from: Faeelin on December 17, 2009, 09:37:27 AM

Haven't finished it yet but with three halfway completed characters, mage seems to be the easiest learning curve.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Scipio

Quote from: katmai on December 17, 2009, 12:32:04 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on December 17, 2009, 09:37:27 AM

Haven't finished it yet but with three halfway completed characters, mage seems to be the easiest learning curve.
Mages are easiest; rogues are the most looty.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Faeelin

So, is bloodmage worth it? I'm level 9, but I haven't taken any of the typical/appropriate spells.

Grallon

Quote from: Faeelin on December 18, 2009, 11:59:26 AM
So, is bloodmage worth it? I'm level 9, but I haven't taken any of the typical/appropriate spells.

Not really - go for the Arcane Warrior built instead.  You can unlock the ability in the Brecilian Forest...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on December 18, 2009, 12:12:05 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on December 18, 2009, 11:59:26 AM

Not really - go for the Arcane Warrior built instead.  You can unlock the ability in the Brecilian Forest...

G.

How?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

It's mentioned in the spoiler-full thread...

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel