News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

While in the temple in the forest you'll come to a room with a broken altar, scan the room for a clickable phylactery.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Faeelin

Okay, I have the Collector's edition from Steam; being Steam, the DLC doesn't ocme installed, adn I can't seem to get it over steam. What do I do?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Faeelin on December 18, 2009, 07:07:49 PM
Okay, I have the Collector's edition from Steam; being Steam, the DLC doesn't ocme installed, adn I can't seem to get it over steam. What do I do?

Fire up the game and let it connect and log in. There will be a menu option for it which will open your browser to the download thing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 18, 2009, 07:10:18 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on December 18, 2009, 07:07:49 PM

Fire up the game and let it connect and log in. There will be a menu option for it which will open your browser to the download thing.

You also have to go to their website and type in the codes.  It's annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I still haven't finished the game. I'm done with Mage's Tower, Orzammar and Red Cliffe. I did the dwarf thing last, and I grew a bit weary and tired of the constant fighting for now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Seen

Quote from: Syt on December 21, 2009, 02:06:14 PM
I still haven't finished the game. I'm done with Mage's Tower, Orzammar and Red Cliffe. I did the dwarf thing last, and I grew a bit weary and tired of the constant fighting for now.
Heh, having the exact same feeling now. Im a chapter or so further but cant find the energy to go end it :(

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ditto me three.  Its started getting repetitive, and the story isn't compelling enough to keep me going at the moment.

Queequeg

Yeah, I found that too.  I gave up with my mage first time, got dull.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Yeah, well part of that is people still judge RPGs for some reason partly by how many hours it takes to beat them.  I don't understand that metric and why it's still important.  If someone wants to play a game for 200 hours and think that somehow makes it a better game, they're going to play games like WoW anyway.

Perfect example: alot of people bitched that Jade Empire was too short, but I thought the game's duration was perfectly reasonable.  Just long enough to not get boring and repetitive.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

A better question is why people feel the need to gather in a thread about a game only to tell us how boring it is.  :rolleyes:

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Good question. ^_^

In other news, I started a human noble warrior who I purposely modelled to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger circa late 1990s before he started to look corpse-like... but he's still got wrinkles and stuff.  It amused me greatly to take him through the noble opening where you're obviously supposed to be a young man/woman and he looked like he could be his father's dad.... because this kind of thing is not unusual in a Schwarzenegger flick. :lol:

"My completely Amerikan-sounding name ees John Kimball UND I LOVE MY CAH!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Yes, that is an interesting twist. You can make your character look quite old and frail.

I think I shall do a Montalbanesque Khan later.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Solmyr

Queequeg

I think a part of it is just that Orzammar is huge and dull.  Underground and lifeless and blegh.   I'm going to have to force myself to finish this as my Elven character.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Grallon on December 23, 2009, 09:03:19 AM
A better question is why people feel the need to gather in a thread about a game only to tell us how boring it is.  :rolleyes:

I don't think it's boring and I will finish it, but it will take time, because there's large passages where little except loads and loads of fighting happens which leaves me a bit exhausted and taking a break. I think "pace" is my beef with the game; I wished the "slow" dialogue bits and "hectic" fights were a bit more mixed and not huge blocks of either.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.