Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

:face:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

What part of spoiler free did you fuckers not understand?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Raz, for some reason it's a lost cause when it comes to the DA threads.  You're like the fourth person to complain, at least, and still the mob doesn't change its behavior. :mellow:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Quote from: Grallon on January 06, 2010, 07:57:18 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on January 05, 2010, 05:48:03 PM
I want Loghain!  :mad:

Loghain is a traitor.  <_<

G.
He is also by far the most interesting character in the game. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on January 06, 2010, 09:59:02 AM
Raz, for some reason it's a lost cause when it comes to the DA threads.  You're like the fourth person to complain, at least, and still the mob doesn't change its behavior. :mellow:

There is only one way to change the behavior of the mob.  Shotguns.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: Queequeg on January 06, 2010, 10:18:34 AM

Loghain was your run-of-the-mill power hungry despot.  Morrigan is far more interesting.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on January 06, 2010, 08:02:33 AM
JAMAIS!  :mad:

So...you don't just hate France but everybody who speaks English with a French Accent? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

How?

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on January 06, 2010, 11:03:06 AM
Loghain was your run-of-the-mill power hungry despot.  Morrigan is far more interesting.

Loghain was hardly your run-of-the-mill power hungry despot...he wasn't even a despot for one as his power was unofficial and solely based on his reputation for his past deeds.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2010, 11:25:46 AM

Loghain was hardly your run-of-the-mill power hungry despot...he wasn't even a despot for one as his power was unofficial and solely based on his reputation for his past deeds.

That's you interpretation - mine is different.  Loghain considered he should have followed in Marec's footsteps; he positioned himself first by marrying his daughter to Marec's son - then when it became obvious Cailen would call on the orlesians to help fight the Blight, he put in motion his plan to get rid of the pesky king; Lord Eamon was poisonned before Ostagar - the Cousland of Highever were murdered before Ostagar - all through the offices of Howe - Loghain's right hand man.  After Ostagar he outlaws the Wardens, has himself proclaimed Regent and proceeds to crush the bannorns opposing him.

This to me smacks of power hunger and despotism.  But perhaps we don't have the same definition for these concepts.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2010, 11:04:10 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 06, 2010, 08:02:33 AM
JAMAIS!  :mad:

So...you don't just hate France but everybody who speaks English with a French Accent? :P

Caliga & I = BFF
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

Quote from: Faeelin on January 06, 2010, 11:07:22 AM

How?
A great man and national liberator who ends up betraying the son of his greatest friend and companion when he asks for the assistance of the people he and his friend fought to save their nation from?  And can ultimately seek redemption?  He is Macbeth rolled in William Wallace.

That said, Morrigan was also very interesting.  I might have preferred Loghain's voice acting though; one of my favorite voice acting roles since Irenicus or Bastilla,  or almost anyone in Arcanum.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

Has the bow modifier bug been fixed yet?

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 06, 2010, 01:09:33 PM
Has the bow modifier bug been fixed yet?

There are mods fixing this - check the Dragon Nexus site.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on January 06, 2010, 12:18:45 PM
That's you interpretation - mine is different.  Loghain considered he should have followed in Marec's footsteps; he positioned himself first by marrying his daughter to Marec's son - then when it became obvious Cailen would call on the orlesians to help fight the Blight, he put in motion his plan to get rid of the pesky king; Lord Eamon was poisonned before Ostagar - the Cousland of Highever were murdered before Ostagar - all through the offices of Howe - Loghain's right hand man.  After Ostagar he outlaws the Wardens, has himself proclaimed Regent and proceeds to crush the bannorns opposing him.

This to me smacks of power hunger and despotism.  But perhaps we don't have the same definition for these concepts.

My issue was your run-of-the-mill characterization not the power hungry despot thing.  Nothing you said there makes it sound run-of-the-mill.

I mean Morrigan is a power-hungry evil wizard and that concept is hardly new no?  However her character makes that compelling never-the-less and I believe the same is true with Loghain.