News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: chipwich on January 02, 2010, 10:48:43 PM
Just got this and the graphics are giving me a headache. Does everyone have clipping issues with dwarf beards, dwarf pauldrons, and a shield that floats of your back, or is my game bugged?

WAD, I'm afraid. The floating shield is not noticeable when viewed from different angles. The clipping is annoying at first, but you get to the point where you ignore it. The dwarves' beard tips being glued to their chest is what really grates.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 03, 2010, 01:40:29 AM
Quote from: chipwich on January 02, 2010, 10:48:43 PM
Just got this and the graphics are giving me a headache. Does everyone have clipping issues with dwarf beards, dwarf pauldrons, and a shield that floats of your back, or is my game bugged?

WAD, I'm afraid. The floating shield is not noticeable when viewed from different angles. The clipping is annoying at first, but you get to the point where you ignore it. The dwarves' beard tips being glued to their chest is what really grates.

That's just because the Dwarfs eat lots of sticky food.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I think a new DLC is coming out tomorrow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Dragon Age EXPANSION announced!  :w00t:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61805

QuoteBioWare today announced the "first" Dragon Age: Origins expansion, titled 'Awakening' and continuing the fantasy RPG's storyline with new areas and party members in March.

Playing with an existing Dragon Age character or starting afresh as "a new Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais," Awakening will charge players with rebuilding the order and "uncovering the mystery of how the darkspawn survive after the slaying of the Archdemon," BioWare reveals in a press release.

As well as the new world area of 'Amaranthine,' Awakening adds the ability to re-spec characters, "an increased level cap, new spells, abilities, specializations and items, plus five all-new party members" and naturally new enemies, including "an evolved, intelligent breed of darkspawn," Inferno Golems and Spectral Dragons.

"How players choose to rebuild their order, resolve the conflict with the mysterious 'Architect,' and determine the fate of the darkspawn are just some of the many intriguing moral choices that will shape each player's heroic journey," teases BioWare.

Requiring the original game, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is scheduled for a March 16 worldwide release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 at the princely price of $40.

MadImmortalMan

I can take command of the darkspawn and go to war against humanity???  :ph34r:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Sounds cool, but my "main" character is dead :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 05, 2010, 01:32:00 PM
Dragon Age EXPANSION announced!  :w00t:

Woo!  This mysterious Architect must be one of the original Tevinter Magister who were cursed!  :cthulu:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2010, 02:36:50 PM

Which is why you get to create a new character for the expansion...there is a new origin as an Orlesian Grey Warden just for the expansion...so work on your french accent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2010, 03:26:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2010, 02:36:50 PM

Which is why you get to create a new character for the expansion...there is a new origin as an Orlesian Grey Warden just for the expansion...so work on your french accent.

No i know, i read it. Now I just have to kick myself for not letting Alistar bump uglies or die :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Cecil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik1EPjisfDw

Teaser vid of the expansion. :)

Gotta say that Bioware has built up a massive amount of goodwill with me the last 6 months or so. They really do deliver good things unlike some.....like CA...

Faeelin

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points