News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Yeah, no friendly fire makes the game a hell of a lot easier, and is the main reason I've lowered to easy a few times.  Just spam area effect right on top of your party.

Jaron

The CC aspect is lame. With the game so fast paced and hard to keep track of battles, I feel what bioware was trying to pull off with Dragonage would have been better if the game was turn based.

Since they didn't want to go there, they should have put fewer tactical requirements into the game, since the model clearly doesn't work.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Dunno if I agree with the "clearly doesn't work" statement, but in difficult battles I feel that I'm forced to control all the characters at all times, which means nonstop pausing.  I don't mind this so much but I know other people probably do, like grumbler (who IIRC said he wouldn't pick up the game if he heard you had to pause it all the time).  In easy battles the characters do well enough on their own with the tactical AI, but you can't trust them to not behave like retards in difficult fights (e.g. Zhevran "I'll charge right into a horde of elite Qunari mercenaries and allow myself to be completely surrounded!")
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

It annoys me that after you finish the game, you can't go back to complete quests or do extra DLC. :grrr:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on November 25, 2009, 09:53:29 AM
It annoys me that after you finish the game, you can't go back to complete quests or do extra DLC. :grrr:

I think you can do DLC if you load the last save.  It puts you in camp with only able to go to the DLC areas.

But yeah get everything you want done done before you trigger the end game events.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

You can't?  Good to know, thanks.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 09:59:55 AM
You can't?  Good to know, thanks.

You couldn't in Mass Effect either...I am sorta puzzled where the expectation came from.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Jaron on November 25, 2009, 09:43:58 AM
The CC aspect is lame. With the game so fast paced and hard to keep track of battles, I feel what bioware was trying to pull off with Dragonage would have been better if the game was turn based.

Since they didn't want to go there, they should have put fewer tactical requirements into the game, since the model clearly doesn't work.

Didn't you play on the 360?  You should have expected it to be like herding cats.  It's not difficult to keep track of and control battles on the PC

DisturbedPervert

I have about a hundred saved games.  I can go back to any point in the game :lol:

Caliga

I have a 360 but this is not the kind of game I would ever pick up for it.  :huh:

Grey Fox

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 25, 2009, 10:06:49 AM

I have about a hundred saved games.  I can go back to any point in the game :lol:

At the start, I forgot to save & then I died & had to repeat an hour of stuff.

Now I quick save at every corner.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 10:07:21 AM
I have a 360 but this is not the kind of game I would ever pick up for it.  :huh:

If I had a 360 and didn't have a PC capable of running the game I would...but beyond that.

I mean really computers are so cheap these days it almost seems a waste to buy a console these days.  It is just too bad there are so many console only games.

Martinus

It actually plays quite smoothly on Xbox. The only inconvenience is that you can only have 6 spells/abilities on your quick menu for any character, however you can pause the game and use spells from a complete radial menu as well.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 09:50:54 AM
(e.g. Zhevran "I'll charge right into a horde of elite Qunari mercenaries and allow myself to be completely surrounded!")
I figured it was part of his persona, being gay, he had to jump right in the middle of the big muscular guys, for some reason.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

:lol: He wants to be: gangbanged!