News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Spoiler free

Started by Berkut, November 23, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2009, 01:33:29 PM
I guess the only down side (or upside) is that your actions will influence their view of you if they are sitting in camp.  One thing I was wondering is if they remain the same level in camp or whether that gets adjusted as well.
Their experience is always adjusted, what will not always change is their relation toward you.  Some events will make them change their relations, even if they are not present, but most will not affect them while they aren't in your party.

Some characters like specific type of gifts, so you have to pay attention to what you give to anyone.  A +1 gift for Morrigan might be a +6 for Shale, as an example.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 23, 2009, 01:39:58 PM
Some characters like specific type of gifts, so you have to pay attention to what you give to anyone.  A +1 gift for Morrigan might be a +6 for Shale, as an example.

How can you tell which gift is good for which person?

Except the dog bone - I think I have that one figured out. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Talk to them, mostly.

They mention stuff they like.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 01:41:14 PM

Sometimes a gift says in its desc "you should show this to Morrigan", etc. which is kind of cheap IMO.  But other times if you pay close attention to their dialogue or even their random comments while you're exploring, you'll start to figure out what sorts of things they like.  Typically I've found each companion has one 'class' of item they prefer.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2009, 01:36:24 PM
@CC No, there's some mechanism by which they catch up to you (or within a level) once you put them back in your party.

Thanks to you and Grallon.

Then I guess that is the clear answer to Garbon.  You should put them in your camp so that they level with you.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2009, 01:54:21 PM
Then I guess that is the clear answer to Garbon.  You should put them in your camp so that they level with you.

Yeah, which is why I can't see any purpose for the "don't join me" or "go away" options. Well maybe from a RP perspective, I guess.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2009, 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2009, 01:54:21 PM

Yeah, which is why I can't see any purpose for the "don't join me" or "go away" options. Well maybe from a RP perspective, I guess.

No, I think you're right.  There's no reason to not take people.

viper37

Option #1:
Talk to your people.  Some will give you clues of what they like.  Also, their personality types may help you.

Option #2:
Trial and error.  Give a gift, check the relation bonus, reload if it's below +4.

Option #3:
Cheat.  There are web sites wich will tell you what gift is good for whom.

I did #1 and #2 until I discovered #3 :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 02:02:52 PM
For some plot elements, if you have one of your character and decide to act in a certain way, they will attack you, I think.  It did not happen to me, but I've read about it, and I'm not entirely sure if it's when they actually are in your party or waiting for you at camp.

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on November 23, 2009, 01:39:58 PM

You'll sometimes get hints when you look at the NPCs' codex cards. And dialogue also gives hints.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

How many times have you people gone through?  Other than our suave slavic friend that is?  :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on November 23, 2009, 02:09:30 PM
How many times have you people gone through?  Other than our suave slavic friend that is?  :P

G.

I only just went to my camp for the first time last night. :lol:

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 02:11:22 PM

I only just went to my camp for the first time last night. :lol:

I meant the game, not the camp.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

I've done Redcliffe, Warden's Keep, Tower of Magi and am now in Orzammar. Haven't been to the capital or the forest yet.

I mostly only play on weekends, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 02:02:52 PM
I thought having some characters was a negative relations modifier on specific other characters (though I haven't seen that happen yet).

OTOH, if nothing else, more characters is more places to store shit, so you might want to just take the relations hit!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!