And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2009, 11:38:07 AM
I hate windows lives. :mad:
You and, insofar as I can judge, every single other person who has ever used it.

I just won't do it. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I assume he means GFWL, and I noticed some sort of update to it was pushed through to my home PC this morning... wonder if it makes it less shitty?  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Dealing with Microsoft Live would be much better if I could find my damn Fallout 3 CD! 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I have braved the terrors of Microsoft Live and finially found my CD.  Unfortuantly I dont' know if the Downloaded content comes patched or not.  I don't see a version number in the game.  I'm downloading the latest patch and see what I can do with it.  Tommorow I start a new Character and begin the wastes anew!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2009, 12:38:17 PM
I assume he means GFWL, and I noticed some sort of update to it was pushed through to my home PC this morning... wonder if it makes it less shitty?  :)

Nope, still as shitty as ever.  For example, when I launch it within Fallout 3 it is thereafter impossible to close, and I can't access FO3 without force-quitting the app altogether and opening FO3 again.

It amuses me that MS epic fails at using its own .NET framework.  :)

grumbler

Apparently the DLC will be released on two disks: OA and The Pitt on May 26, and BS and the new Point Look on June 6.  About $20 a disk.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Razgovory

Okay, I thought I have the DLC installed (it says installed from windows live) but I'm not seeing it appear in game.  I read that I'm suppose to get a radio becon or something to trigger it after a short period in the wastes but I got nothing.  I don't even know if I have the damn thing installed right.

Razgovory

Got it working.  I find the windows Live program telling me that it's installed when in fact it is not installed is somewhat counterintuitive. <_<

vinraith

Quote from: grumbler on May 14, 2009, 09:13:22 AM
Apparently the DLC will be released on two disks: OA and The Pitt on May 26, and BS and the new Point Look on June 6.  About $20 a disk.

Overpriced, but good to know. Isn't $20 per 2 DLC's greater than the asking price of the DLC itself?

Razgovory

Quote from: vinraith on May 14, 2009, 10:45:08 PM

Overpriced, but good to know. Isn't $20 per 2 DLC's greater than the asking price of the DLC itself?

It's about the same price.  I had to pay in microsoft points. 1600 points cost 20 bucks and each DLC was 800.  So you'll pay a little more in tax but otherwise it's the same.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on May 15, 2009, 03:37:44 AM
Quote from: vinraith on May 14, 2009, 10:45:08 PM

It's about the same price.  I had to pay in microsoft points. 1600 points cost 20 bucks and each DLC was 800.  So you'll pay a little more in tax but otherwise it's the same.
This is my understanding as well.  The difference is that you will see people discounting the CD (plus, of course, you spend much less lifespan cursing GFWL while it eats through your file structure).

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga

So what?  I assume they pray mostly on raiders
is your language really that difficult to spell? :unsure:

Caliga

Syt

Finally finished the base game (and got what I guess is the cheesy good ending). A bit anticlimactic at the end.

I'll go and replay at some point, because most of the north is still unexplored for me. In fact, I never even met any Deathclaws. :unsure: On the other hand, I didn't have the feeling that I was rushing through th game much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.