News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I play with Fallout Wanderer's Edition (the latest one has AS-R and Bullet Time incorporated), Mart's mutant Mod, FOOK2, Calibr, Weapon Mod Kits, and Craft.  These are the big mods, and all work together if you use the Fallout Interoperability Project and the FOOK-FWE intergration patch.

I'd also recommend DC Interiors, FallIn, and the other handful of interiors projects, as well as Ling's Pretty Things/Finer Things (which incorporates the better clothing mods out there and re-textures all the NPCs so they are less generic).  Naturally, you will want to use the Type 3 or Type 5 body (which are pretty much interchangable as far as the clothing mods are concerned).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

The fact that I can't join the Enclave irks me.

I mean, I agreed to disperse the FEV virus, and I nuked the Citadel.

What more do I have to do to earn their favour?  :cry:

Game is bugged.

derspiess

For sure.  John Henry Eden 4 Prez 2012!!!!!!!!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:27:36 PM
The fact that I can't join the Enclave irks me.

I mean, I agreed to disperse the FEV virus, and I nuked the Citadel.

What more do I have to do to earn their favour?  :cry:

Game is bugged.
The enclave wants you to die, as a contaminated human.  Kill yourself, and then see if you can join.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2009, 01:32:20 PM
For sure.  John Henry Eden 4 Prez 2012!!!!!!!!

I remember when I was a kid.....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Still dinking & dunking at this as time permits.  Just finished Operation Anchorage last night.  In comparison to the main game it was a disappointment, but unto itself it wasn't a wholly unpleasant FPS experience...

grumbler

Quote from: C.C.R. on December 09, 2009, 05:36:50 PM
Still dinking & dunking at this as time permits.  Just finished Operation Anchorage last night.  In comparison to the main game it was a disappointment, but unto itself it wasn't a wholly unpleasant FPS experience...
Have you added FWE yet?  Probably best to go through once without it, but it make the game a whole new experience (getting shot really sucks in FWE - two or three shots can easily kill you - or them - but accuracy is a bit lower) with tactics and weapons types playing a much bigger role.  It is also much more dificult to stay healthy.  I still play the odd coupla hours of this game just because it is so pretty and so much tactical fun.

Bayraktar!

C.C.R.

Quote from: grumbler on December 09, 2009, 10:56:27 PM
Have you added FWE yet?  Probably best to go through once without it, but it make the game a whole new experience (getting shot really sucks in FWE - two or three shots can easily kill you - or them - but accuracy is a bit lower) with tactics and weapons types playing a much bigger role.  It is also much more dificult to stay healthy.  I still play the odd coupla hours of this game just because it is so pretty and so much tactical fun.

I tried using FWE when I first installed the game & kept getting CTD's right upon starting a new game.  I knew at the time that I probably just didn't have the right load order, but after fucking around with it for about four hours I decided to Move On & just play.  I'll probably give it another whirl the next time that I start a new game...

Jaron

I've been playing around in Fallout 3 and its pretty fun, but I went to Lookout Point and these half naked hillbillys are beating the shit out of me! WTF is going on?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 27, 2010, 03:30:05 AM
I've been playing around in Fallout 3 and its pretty fun, but I went to Lookout Point and these half naked hillbillys are beating the shit out of me! WTF is going on?
IIRC, the Point Lookout critters have a lot more HP than those in the wasteland, because it is assumed that you don't go to PL until you are fairly high level.  I think the big starting fight in the mansion is close to impossible unless you are maybe level 15.

Bayraktar!

Jaron

I see. I read this morning that the enemies there also do an additional 35 points of damage to you on each attack that can't be resisted. :blink: No wonder hillbillies (or Fireblades as I call them) with lead pipes are beating me up despite the fact I'm in POWER ARMOR!!!!

Jaron

Is the android storyline really that far fetched?

I wonder if Bethesda had introduced the (Vertibirds?) Helicopters if the Fallout fanbois would claim its totally unfalloutish. I can agree the still working lights and computers are a bit weird, as is the overall unscavenged state of wasteland areas, but some liberties must be taken for the game to be playable. A bunch of ruined towns where everything is picked clean would not have been very fun for those who enjoy exploring.

The Brain

I'm sorry Jaronella but still working lights and useful old stuff still lying around in plain sight is just too fucking ridiculous. No immersion at all = suck.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 30, 2010, 12:06:29 AM
Is the android storyline really that far fetched?

I wonder if Bethesda had introduced the (Vertibirds?) Helicopters if the Fallout fanbois would claim its totally unfalloutish. I can agree the still working lights and computers are a bit weird, as is the overall unscavenged state of wasteland areas, but some liberties must be taken for the game to be playable. A bunch of ruined towns where everything is picked clean would not have been very fun for those who enjoy exploring.
My theory is that the game was designed to take place in the fairly immediate aftermath of the war (hence the working lights and running water) but discovered late in the design stage that they needed to introduce the post-West-Coast Enclave as the main bad guys, and so changed the official date to 200 years post-war.  It was too late by that point to change how things looked, so the game was left with that discrepancy between the story and how things looked.

Personally, I think they should have stuck with the super mutants as the main enemy, stuck with somewhere around 2150 as the start date, and saved the Enclave for follow-on games.

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Yes, this aspect of Fallout 3 bothered me too, but not enough to really impact enjoyment of the game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points