News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2009, 07:02:21 PM
I don't understand why some people are upset about shooting civilians in that airport mission.  It's just a game, people, it's just for practice.

You could do just as many gruesome things to civilians on GTA4.  But I guess what felt weird was that you were *supposed* to go through & mow them down in MW2.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2009, 11:20:05 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2009, 07:02:21 PM
I don't understand why some people are upset about shooting civilians in that airport mission.  It's just a game, people, it's just for practice.

You could do just as many gruesome things to civilians on GTA4.  But I guess what felt weird was that you were *supposed* to go through & mow them down in MW2.
Yeah, that's exactly the difference, IMO.  The fact that they're your target, all of them, is what's shocking.

Alcibiades

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 24, 2009, 08:42:19 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on November 24, 2009, 08:30:06 PM
Vonlutt is my psn name.  I'm on tonight but I'll be scarce till next Thursday most likely.

Next week, don't be scared, I play with a bunch of cranky old farts.  :lol: I'll add you later.

Sounds good, just hit lvl 48, got the ACR and love it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Woot, I made Major (42).

Barrett .50 + FMJ + Thermal Sight + Scrambler Pro = Head Shots all around, my treat.

lustindarkness

Back on dry land. Will accept friend tonight. Seedy, I love people with scrambler, tells me they are close by for me to shank in the back.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 01, 2009, 03:18:59 PM
Back on dry land. Will accept friend tonight. Seedy, I love people with scrambler, tells me they are close by for me to shank in the back.
Agreed, I also find the scrambler of dubious value.  It's like giving an advance warning to your enemies.  When I see my radar go bad without an explanation, I try to find a corner to put my back up against, and take out my shotgun.

Alcibiades

:cheers:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

I still can't kill worth shit with a sniper rifle, despite having most of the invisible perks.  I think I'll stick to M16.

CountDeMoney

Seedy, I love people with scrambler, tells me they are close by for me to shank in the back.

I have two sawed-off ranger shotguns akimbo for guys like you.

LULZ, and I made Brigadier General today.  :blush:

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2009, 05:48:36 PM
Seedy, I love people with scrambler, tells me they are close by for me to shank in the back.

I have two sawed-off ranger shotguns akimbo for guys like you.

Those things are insta-kill. Also insta-kill: MP5 with Rapid Fire attached and Steady Position.

However, neither beat watching people idiotically mill about while you smack them with your riot shield. Also, the magnum pistol is awesome.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on December 02, 2009, 02:38:56 AM
So how is this on the PC?

It's badass, as long as you have a machine that can push it.
There are ocassional hacks out there.

Jaron

LULZ, and I made Brigadier General today.  :blush:

*salute*
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

I finally discovered how to be that guy who runs around knifing everyone, and I also discovered how powerful that tactic is if used with the right perks.  With marathon/lightweight/ninja pro perks and SMG, my knife is never dry, and I consistently get top scores in the free-for-all matches.  Running after some guy who isn't even aware of you and knifing him in the back is a satisfying experience.

lustindarkness

Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
I finally discovered how to be that guy who runs around knifing everyone, and I also discovered how powerful that tactic is if used with the right perks.  With marathon/lightweight/ninja pro perks and SMG, my knife is never dry, and I consistently get top scores in the free-for-all matches.  Running after some guy who isn't even aware of you and knifing him in the back is a satisfying experience.

Try Commando instead of Ninja, you can stab from way farther away.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom