Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on November 12, 2009, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 12, 2009, 04:31:11 PM
I know you guys are not discussing how believable this game is. There is nothing believable in the whole story!

Fair point, but they could have at least made an effort to put forth a coherent plot.  I should let it go, but it makes my head hurt.

You have to think of the average audience they are appealing to with the game.

Well they, aren't all as dumb as you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 01:46:26 PM
Yeah, way to f up the title, Seedy :D

:PMeh, whaddya want from me, I'm waiting for BF1943.  I want my samurai swords.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2009, 06:51:14 PM

Get a feckin' Xbox 360.  Walmart has them for $199 with a $100 gift card, effectively making it $99.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Okay I beat the single player.  C'mon now.  There's suspension of disbelief and there's this.  None of the plot actually makes any sense.  People do things but don't have any possible motive for them.  It's just like random sociopathy.  Made they cut alot out of the finial product (possibly the ending), but as it stands I'm totally confused.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 07:45:33 PM

Get a feckin' Xbox 360.  Walmart has them for $199 with a $100 gift card, effectively making it $99.

If I go back to console, I'm going Sony, dammit.

Berkut

SO what is the story with blowing away an airport? How does that fit in?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Where is this???
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 12, 2009, 07:58:54 PM
SO what is the story with blowing away an airport? How does that fit in?

It doesn't seem to fit in anywhere to be honest.  It's suppose to be the Causus belli for a Russian invasion of Virginia.  But the guy who perpetrates it seems to also be running the country so I'm not sure what the point is.  You are suppose to be a CIA agent (who earlier that day was an army Ranger), who is deep undercover as a henchmen to the big bad.  To win his trust you are suppose to mow down a thousand Russian civilians.  At the end he shoots you in the face and says "ha, now the US will be blamed for this".  The plot makes less and less sense after that.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on November 12, 2009, 08:01:34 PM

Where is this???

Any Walmart that still has them I'm stock, thru tomorrow.  I wanted to get one for upstairs but they're all sold out around here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

So who here shot as many civilians as possible?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

my first guess would have been seedy, but his cheap fahdiz like ass hasn't bought the game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 12, 2009, 08:41:42 PM

Me.  I was hoping to get an achievement for it like when you shoot all those chickens in Brazil.

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 08:53:21 PM

Me.  I was hoping to get an achievement for it like when you shoot all those chickens in Brazil.
I don't think that would be very politically correct.  :lol:

Video Game Rewards Terrorist Act By Player

"I was just following orders!"

FunkMonk

Me + UMP45 + attack helicopter on Scrapyard = holocaust

Razgovory

Me.  At least the mission was original.