News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which Roman Emperor are you

Started by Martinus, November 03, 2009, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

Augustus, followed by Antoninus Pius (I forgot to copy the results before hitting the Return button). But you can quite easily guide the results and get any Emperor you want. The advantages of a classical education...

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Alatriste on November 04, 2009, 04:13:23 AM
Augustus, followed by Antoninus Pius (I forgot to copy the results before hitting the Return button). But you can quite easily guide the results and get any Emperor you want. The advantages of a classical education...

It would have been more interesting to have more emperors put together: Aurelian is a great conqueror, who doesn't have a long reign, Elagabal is a little bitch, Alexander Severus is a beloved emperor that gets assasinated... having so few choices, it's way too easy to steer yourself to the desired choice...

Camerus

Quote from: Alatriste on November 04, 2009, 04:13:23 AM
But you can quite easily guide the results and get any Emperor you want. The advantages of a classical education...

Many tests are easily manipulated if one has a desired end result in mind.  The point is to try and answer as honestly as one can.

Duque de Bragança

QuoteYou Scored as Trajan

You are quite fortunate to rank as the emperor Trajan, possibly the greatest of Roman emperors. You have relentlessly expanded the empire and even humbled the mighty Parthian empire. Loved by all, vastly larger than life, you are the model for all future emperors. It is hard to find a bad thing to say about you. HAIL CAESAR!

Trajan    
   82%
Domitian    
   71%
Marcus Aurelius    
   71%
Claudius    
   71%
Vespasian    
   68%
Antoninus Pius    
   64%
Tiberius    
   54%
Augustus    
   50%
Nerva    
   46%
Vitellius    
   46%
Commodus    
   43%
Hadrian    
   43%
Nero    
   39%
Caligula    

Domitian in second, great...
Too easy to twist the answers though.

AnchorClanker

So. I'm the only one who got Tiberius so far???  Interesting.   :shifty:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Martinus

Quote from: AnchorClanker on November 05, 2009, 03:31:01 PM

Noone else is so emo. :P

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2009, 08:49:48 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 08:28:13 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on November 03, 2009, 08:10:30 PM
:huh:
You think I'm a cross dressing bisexual  sex addict
No, but you're just wacky and full of outlandish notions, like Elagabalus.

I would have thought Claudius since he can be pedantic and dull at times.
Yeah.  Claudius even had similar ethnic obsessions, in his case the Etruscans. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Hadrian! Followed closely by Augustus.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Martinus on November 05, 2009, 03:32:22 PM

Noone else is so emo. :P

Emo - whatever.  Frustrated, maybe.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Razgovory

Not so interesting.  I got Tiberius as well. :contract:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

On the contrary, that makes it more interesting. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 05, 2009, 04:19:11 PM
On the contrary, that makes it more interesting. :unsure:

:P

I guess so.  Believe it or not, I was a reluctant owner of Languish, to tell the truth.  Odd how things come around.

Razgovory

Tiberius fits me well since he was an Emperor who pretty much never left his house.  I've actually been to The Villa Jovis up on Capri.  Island is pretty but the palace was had seen better days.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Raz played three verbs in a row for 300 points!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.