News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This is a robbery!

Started by Brazen, November 05, 2009, 06:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I always thought the most intelligent criminals were the ones hiding away in laboratories in their mansions plotting ways to create and harness natural disasters for their own gain?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 05, 2009, 11:21:01 AM
I always thought the most intelligent criminals were the ones hiding away in laboratories in their mansions plotting ways to create and harness natural disasters for their own gain?

Banks are a better venue for large scale evil.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

My favorite:

QuoteThis is a bank robbery,
place 1 100.00 bill
on the counter
or I will shoot you.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Give me all your pennies or I shoot!

Syt

Vienna has had a serious problem with robberies in recent years. Today we're only at 40 or so so far. In 2007 and 2008 we had around 70. Not bad for a city of ca. 1.7 million people. Oddly, there's as much if not more security than, say, Hamburg banks (comparable German cities have like ca. 10 robberies per year).

This doesn't include the stick ups of betting offices, tobacconists, supermarkets ....
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I wonder if tellers get annoyed when people put in "NO DYE PACKS!".

Talk about taking all the fun out of things.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: Brazen on November 05, 2009, 06:33:28 AM
A collection of bank robbery notes:
http://www.banknotes365.com/
More sad than funny.

Most of the notes are pretty straightforward;  they're not particularly sad or funny (on the first few pages, at least--I didn't go past the 3rd page).  There are some exceptions, of course.

Anybody else notice that the guy on the 3rd page identified as a male in his 20s robbing a bank in MI is the same one on the 1st page identified as being 43?   He certainly looks like he's well out of his 20s.

Eddie Teach

If you're robbing a bank and all you ask for is $100 that is both sad and funny.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 05, 2009, 01:56:27 PM
If you're robbing a bank and all you ask for is $100 that is both sad and funny.

Yeah, that was definately one of the exceptions.

alfred russel

The guy that was 91 was also awesome. If I make it to 91, I want to rob a bank.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Gummint death panels won't buy my new hip. Hand over the dough and nobody gets hurt.

p.s. No dye packs or I blow up this bank.

DontSayBanana

I love this one:

QuoteThis is a bank robbery,
place 1 100.00 bill
on the counter
or I will shoot you.

To lift a Terry Pratchett phrase, lulz at "the minimum wage of sin."
Experience bij!