News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which Roman Emperor are you

Started by Martinus, November 03, 2009, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

From his wiki article:

QuoteDio Cassius, sometimes known as Dio, reveals that Trajan drank heartily and was involved with boys. "I know, of course, that he was devoted to boys and to wine, but if he had ever committed or endured any base or wicked deed as the result of this, he would have incurred censure; as it was, however, he drank all the wine he wanted, yet remained sober, and in his relation with boys he harmed no one."[7] This sensibility was one that influenced his governing on at least one occasion, leading him to favour the king of Edessa out of appreciation for his handsome son: "On this occasion, however, Abgarus, induced partly by the persuasions of his son Arbandes, who was handsome and in the pride of youth and therefore in favour with Trajan, and partly by his fear of the latter's presence, he met him on the road, made his apologies and obtained pardon, for he had a powerful intercessor in the boy
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Oh yeah sure enough.

I guess it was the fact that he spent all his time making war that that quality is less famous than it is in Hadrian's case.

Still a Romanian should be proud to be like Trajan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2009, 02:03:09 PM
Oh yeah sure enough.

I guess it was the fact that he spent all his time making war that that quality is less famous than it is in Hadrian's case.

Still a Romanian should be proud to be like Trajan.

Trajan is boring... Just from the fact that a Senate of old guys loved him should prove it...

As for my almost-non-existent Romanian blood...  :rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

Alexandru H.

Eddie Teach

So your passport says Romania then? :contract:

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2009, 02:23:26 PM
So your passport says Romania then? :contract:

This isn't a question of nationality but ethnicity and culture.

Winkelried

Your attention to good character and stability has earned you your standing as Antoninus Pius. Your long and moderate reign is probably one of the most peaceful epics in human history up to the modern age. It is too bad more emperors did not share your humility.

Antoninus Pius      82%
Trajan            75%
Augustus        75%
Marcus Aurelius   68%
Claudius      64%
Nerva         64%
Hadrian     57%
Vespasian     54%
Tiberius     46%
Nero                 46%
Domitian     39%
Vitellius     36%
Commodus      11%
Caligula       0%

I share no traits with Caligula and very little with Commodus, now that's reassuring.  :)

Crazy_Ivan80

You Scored as Augustus
You are Augustus! First emperor of the Romans and one of the greatest statesmen in the ancient world. You brilliantly eased the old Republic into the Principate and set the path for an empire that would last for centuries and form the underpinnings for all western civilization. Hail Caesar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Alexandru H. on November 03, 2009, 02:28:22 PM

Ethnically, who cares?

As for culture- did you go to Romanian schools? Do you watch Romanian television? What language do you dream in? etc.

Valmy

Quote from: Alexandru H. on November 03, 2009, 02:28:22 PM

Since there actually is a country called Romania it can be all three or one or two but not the other.

So you are a Romanian by nationality but not by ethnicity and culture, where as an American of Romanian ancestry would be Romanian by ethnicity only.

AnchorClanker

You Scored as Tiberius

You are Tiberius, actually a good emperor in the scheme of things, but eventually you will become hated because you hated yourself and your role. You never really wanted to become emperor, and you never really got what you wanted in life. These unfulfilled aspirations will lead to dark moods and an eventual indulgent isolation on the Isle of Capri.

Wow - this is weird.  That's what I was expecting to get as well, for the same reasons.

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Queequeg

You Scored as Claudius
Dear Clau-Clau-Clau-Claudius. One of the most curious of the emperors, you have a clubbed foot and stammer all the time, but these have only served you well in avoiding notice. Behind the facade of a fool is a penetrating intellect that will lead the empire wisely. You conquer Britannia, and later the BBC will make a series about you. Your kind heart however will do you in, as your loved wife will poison you for her own schemes.
Fairly accurate, and not a surprise. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

This was a really good quiz, maybe being long was a part of it.  I could totally see myself as Claudius, just replace Etruscans with Turks, Armenians, Iranians, Greeks and Assyrians. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."