News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2009, 06:12:20 AM
I like the Eagles now that it's not the entirely all the McNabb show.
McNabb reminds me of Randall Cunningham.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 13, 2009, 10:15:46 PM
New nightmare, Vick makes the decisive play in an Eagles win over the Redskins in the playoffs.

The Redskins are going to make the playoffs?! :w00t: :yeah:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2009, 08:02:13 AM
New nightmare, Vick makes the decisive play in an Eagles win over the Redskins in the playoffs.

It does seem pretty unlikely, but those wildcard spots in the NFC are wide open.  Unfortunately, the Redskins are playing in a division that's fairly good, what with the Giants, Eagles and pre-December Cowboys, and so it's pretty unlikely that they'll contend.  Not impossible though, especially if one of the Redskins QBs turns out to actually be good.

Still, getting shutout by the Ravens in preseason is not a good sign.  I mean, losing isn't so bad, especially since backups and guys who are going to get cut play most of the game anyways.  But getting shut out?  That means that nobody made a play.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 08:43:56 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2009, 08:02:13 AM

It does seem pretty unlikely, but those wildcard spots in the NFC are wide open.  Unfortunately, the Redskins are playing in a division that's fairly good, what with the Giants, Eagles and pre-December Cowboys, and so it's pretty unlikely that they'll contend.  Not impossible though, especially if one of the Redskins QBs turns out to actually be good.

Still, getting shutout by the Ravens in preseason is not a good sign.  I mean, losing isn't so bad, especially since backups and guys who are going to get cut play most of the game anyways.  But getting shut out?  That means that nobody made a play.

The Lions went 4-0 last preseason, there is absolutely nothing to be taken from any of it.

Caliga

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2009, 08:47:43 AMThe Lions went 4-0 last preseason, there is absolutely nothing to be taken from any of it.
Their opponents all probably used their scrimmage teams against the Lions.  Why bother playing your starters?  You'd have nothing useful to learn from a Lions game. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2009, 08:49:09 AM
Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2009, 08:47:43 AMThe Lions went 4-0 last preseason, there is absolutely nothing to be taken from any of it.
Their opponents all probably used their scrimmage teams against the Lions.  Why bother playing your starters?  You'd have nothing useful to learn from a Lions game. :)

As far as I can remember no one thought the Lions were going to be that bad last year; I don't think people expected them to compete for a playoff spot again but no one except my brother, the biggest pessimist in the world saw that coming.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 08:43:56 AM

The Redskins are not going anywhere with Jason Campbell at QB.  Actually the whole offense has all the explosive power of very very wet gunpowder.

If they win it will because the defense has an amazing season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2009, 08:47:43 AM
The Lions went 4-0 last preseason, there is absolutely nothing to be taken from any of it.
Of course there is.  What that tells me is that the Lions players should probably all be backups.  It also tells me that the quarterback position is a big problem for the Lions, as the preseason is much more forgiving for that position.

At any rate, the Lions going 4-0 in the preseason last year does nothing to reject my assertion, that getting shut out in the preseason bodes poorly for a team.  It's not definitive, and on any given Thursday night and all that, but it's pretty bad when nobody on either side of the ball can make a big play, all the way down the 80-something guys you have at camp.

For example, in last year's preseason, two teams got shut out:  The Chiefs and the Bengals.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Jesus Christ, Jeff Lurie is a douche.  Signs a guy to his team, and then goes on TV and self-righteously bashes him for a half hour.

Neil

Tonight is the first game that the Living Legend, Kyle Boller, will be playing his first game as a Ram.

MadBurgerMaker

Goodness.  Kyle Orton looks awful so far.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 14, 2009, 10:06:55 PM
I thought he looked good outside of the redzone.  I'm so torn on him.  I loved him when he was with the Bears, but now I have to hate him that he's a Bronco. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 14, 2009, 10:11:18 PM
I thought he looked good outside of the redzone.  I'm so torn on him.  I loved him when he was with the Bears, but now I have to hate him that he's a Bronco. :(

He just keeps (or kept now, since Simms is in) throwing picks. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2009, 07:55:34 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2009, 06:12:20 AM
I like the Eagles now that it's not the entirely all the McNabb show.
McNabb reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

Then you have a shitty memory.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 14, 2009, 10:06:55 PM
The Broncos knew what they were doing when they traded Cutler.  Orton is a QB who is used to protection and will make the occasional play for you, but is unlikely to take the team on his back.  With Denver's depleted offence and terrible defence, that's not going to work like it did with the Bears.