News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2009, 02:58:00 PM
I think I can put up with Favre's occasional INTs as long as he can actually play.

Famous last words.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 09:48:31 AM
Unfortunately for Miami this is Chad Pennington's year for a major injury.

Yeah, it will be unfortunate, since neither Henne nor Pat White are ready to fill a starting role.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 18, 2009, 03:08:49 PM
Yeah, it will be unfortunate, since neither Henne nor Pat White are ready to fill a starting role.

Well maybe this will be the year he breaks the trend.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2009, 02:58:00 PM
I think I can put up with Favre's occasional INTs as long as he can actually play.

Famous last words.

We shall see.

All I know is that he has to be better than the Sage/Tavaris option.  I'm not guaranteeing they'll win the division or anything - but this gives them the best chance of doing it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2009, 04:37:53 PM
All I know is that he has to be better than the Sage/Tavaris option.  I'm not guaranteeing they'll win the division or anything - but this gives them the best chance of doing it.
Till he falls apart in December and drags your team out of contention because he refuses to be benched.  Beeb, look at the Jets last year, do you really want that? 
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Why in the world would you want some old dude "gunslinging" (ESPN speak for "throwing picks") the ball all over the field when you've got a guy like Adrian Peterson and a monster defense (or at least the Dline is really good)?  Rosenfels and Jackson can both hand the ball off and throw the occasional pass to keep the D honest.  You don't need Brett Favre for that.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 18, 2009, 05:08:22 PM
Why in the world would you want some old dude "gunslinging" (ESPN speak for "throwing picks") the ball all over the field when you've got a guy like Adrian Peterson and a monster defense (or at least the Dline is really good)?  Rosenfels and Jackson can both hand the ball off and throw the occasional pass to keep the D honest.  You don't need Brett Favre for that.

I don't want him throwing the ball all over the place.  Their strength is in the run game, so they should stick with that.

But having Jackson "manage the game" (ESPN speak for "not being able to pass") didn't get them very far last year.  They need a bit more of a passing threat, without turning it into a run-and-gun offense.  I think Favre can do that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2009, 05:12:35 PM
I don't want him throwing the ball all over the place.  Their strength is in the run game, so they should stick with that.

It's Brett Favre though.  That's what he does.  "I THINK IT'S TIME FOR AN AUDIBLE AND AN INTERCEPTION!  WOO!  I'M HAVING FUN AT LEAST" *cut to Wranglers commercial*

QuoteBut having Jackson "manage the game" (ESPN speak for "not being able to pass") didn't get them very far last year.  They need a bit more of a passing threat, without turning it into a run-and-gun offense.  I think Favre can do that.

Hell...it got them to the playoffs, didn't it?  More than the New York Favres can say for last year. vOv  But hey...If Vikes fans are happy about it and looking forward to things, well...good deal.

Admiral Yi

What's the deal on the wildcat offense?  I haven't seen a Dolphins game since Larry Czonka was in uniform.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2009, 05:37:33 PM
What's the deal on the wildcat offense?  I haven't seen a Dolphins game since Larry Czonka was in uniform.
It was a gimmick set used last year to victimize bad defenses.  Good defenses destroyed it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Fucking Favre.   <_<

Well, the Vikings playoff hopes are finished.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

I hate him so much right now.  *contemplates burning Favre jersey*
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 18, 2009, 05:35:53 PM
It's Brett Favre though.  That's what he does.  "I THINK IT'S TIME FOR AN AUDIBLE AND AN INTERCEPTION!  WOO!  I'M HAVING FUN AT LEAST" *cut to Wranglers commercial*

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I for one am glad to see Brett Favre back in the league.