News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Damn Vince, looks like it's more than "one source" who say he broke his jaw!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/17/the-2009-raiders-cable-bumaye/

QuoteThe 2009 Raiders: "Cable, Bumaye!"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 17, 2009 8:52 PM ET
To no one's surprise, Raiders head coach Tom Cable failed to shed much light on his alleged assault of defensive assistant Randy Hanson in comments to the press Monday night.

According to the Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald, Cable said, "It's an internal matter and that's all I'm going to say."

Cable repeated it two more times just in case reporters thought he might crack.

Oakland's players, however, said it all with their actions before practice started.  The team reportedly started chanting "Cable, Bumaye!" while in warmups.

The hilarious and impressive reference is to Muhammad Ali's fight with George Foreman in Zaire, where the pro-Ali crowd's chant can roughly be translated to "Kill him!"

It's a safe bet that some enterprising Raiders fan is manufacturing T-shirts as we speak with the phrase on it.  Or at least someone should be.  [Editor's note:  Sorry, Gregg . . . we've already diverted your salary for the month to the "Orton Hears A Boo" bumper stickers.]

The team may be finding humor in the situation -- heck, it might become a rallying cry -- but Cable could face serious repercussions from the incident.  The chant certainly won't dispel multiple reports that Cable broke Hanson's jaw.

One also has to wonder about Hanson's future with the team.  He didn't hear the chant because he was the only Raiders coach absent from practice Monday.

When Hanson hears what happened, he might not enjoy the "Cable, Bumaye!" chant as much as we do.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

The Sex Cannon managed to pull a hammy during his crappy three snap preseason debut with the Texans the other day, and is out 4 to 5 weeks.

The Texans went ahead and signed a different third string guy.  :P

e:  They also released their uniform combos for this year, and they haven't given up on the red/red ketchup bottle look just yet.  They've also decided to bust out with white/white against the Jets, and blue/blue against the Colts.  How many uniform combos can you use in a year??  Houston, just at a glance, is going with...five. 

I wonder if it would be possible to just have some different combo for each game.  Fuck it.  Get some lime green in there.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 15, 2009, 10:45:51 PM
The real wildcard is Chad Pennington.  If he stays healthy and plays within himself like last year, Miami is a force to be reckoned with in that division.

I hope to see Miami do more wildcat, particularly now that they have Pat White :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Unfortunately for Miami this is Chad Pennington's year for a major injury.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Fucking Farve, give it up! <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2009, 10:46:41 AM

I heard on the radio on the way to work today that Favre was in a jet belonging to the Vikes.  :rolleyes:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 18, 2009, 10:56:07 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2009, 10:46:41 AM

I heard on the radio on the way to work today that Favre was in a jet belonging to the Vikes.  :rolleyes:
Pending a physical he's signing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

I guess since Vick was taken they had to do something.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Rosenfels patented "Helicopter" sneak attack incoming.  Favre's career will finally be ended.

Edit:  Really though, wasn't Sage actually doing pretty well up there so far?  As in "won't set the record for INTs" well?

Barrister

I for one am ready to become a Favre fan.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2009, 10:59:40 AM
Pending a physical he's signing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

That is hilarious :lmfao:

Crazy old interception throwin dude.  I could actually respect Favre's desire to keep playing if he stopped doing the attention whoring fake retirement every year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2009, 11:41:55 AM
I for one am ready to become a Favre fan.   :cool:

Yeah well we will see how you feel after the first of his patented soul crushing INTs.

Vince

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:47:46 AM

Yeah well we will see how you feel after the first of his patented soul crushing INTs.

I miss my soul  :cry:

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:47:46 AM

Dude - the alternatives are Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels.

I think I can put up with Favre's occasional INTs as long as he can actually play.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.