News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2009, 09:03:30 PM
Shit, Chad Johnson actually kicked a decent-looking PAT & had a solid kickoff :huh:
Why was he kicking?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 20, 2009, 09:06:29 PM
Shit, Chad Johnson actually kicked a decent-looking PAT & solid kickoff :huh:
He may be washed up as a receiver, but that doesn't mean that he can't contribute!

:thumbsup:  In all seriousness though, those were NFL-caliber kicks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2009, 09:10:18 PM
Shit, Chad Johnson actually kicked a decent-looking PAT & had a solid kickoff :huh:
Why was he kicking?

They pulled Shayne Graham due to a slight ankle injury, and for whatever reason they split kicking duties between him & the punter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

I love me some Ocho Cinqo. 

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Neil on August 20, 2009, 09:06:29 PM
Shit, Chad Johnson actually kicked a decent-looking PAT & solid kickoff :huh:
He may be washed up as a human being, but that doesn't mean that he can't contribute!

FYP
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on August 20, 2009, 08:05:57 PM
Not exactly shocking if you have been following the case; it does amuse me that he gets 2 years for shooting himself and Stallworth served 24 days of a 30 day sentence for actually killing someone.

Different jurisdictions.
Besides, Stallworth's accident was was qualified by the fact that the victim had committed pedestrian error.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2009, 07:02:17 AM
Not exactly shocking if you have been following the case; it does amuse me that he gets 2 years for shooting himself and Stallworth served 24 days of a 30 day sentence for actually killing someone.

Different jurisdictions.
Besides, Stallworth's accident was was qualified by the fact that the victim had committed pedestrian error.

I didn't intend to directly compare them, but it is hard to not make the connection.  Burress is also going to serve more time in prison than Michael Vick, Leonard Little who killed someone while driving drunk about 10 years ago, and more than Mike Tyson did for raping a woman in Indianapolis.

I do think Burress should serve at least a year, if for nothing else, than for packing heat in the pocket of a pair fo sweatpants.  If you aren't prepared to roll with a proper holster at least buy a goddamn pair of Wranglers and tuck the thing into your waistband.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: sbr on August 21, 2009, 01:44:54 PM
I do think Burress should serve at least a year, if for nothing else, than for packing heat in the pocket of a pair fo sweatpants.  If you aren't prepared to roll with a proper holster at least buy a goddamn pair of Wranglers and tuck the thing into your waistband.

Heh. Burress got his own punishment already. He shot himself. Plus he got the humiliation of having shot his damn self. The court should have just laughed at him and sent him home.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PRC

I was listening to the radio and heard that the Raiders head coach punched out one of the assistant coaches who was really a snitch for Al Davis.  Why is that organization even still in business?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: PRC on August 21, 2009, 03:12:29 PM
I was listening to the radio and heard that the Raiders head coach punched out one of the assistant coaches who was really a snitch for Al Davis.  Why is that organization even still in business?
We Raider fans trying to replace the Jews as God's favorite whipping boys. :Joos
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PRC on August 21, 2009, 03:12:29 PM
There are conflicting reports on that.

Some say the head coach sucker punched the assistant and broke his jaw. Others say he flipped the assistant out of his chair into a cabinet and broke his jaw that way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: sbr on August 21, 2009, 01:44:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2009, 07:02:17 AM

Different jurisdictions.

I didn't intend to directly compare them, but it is hard to not make the connection.  Burress is also going to serve more time in prison than Michael Vick, Leonard Little who killed someone while driving drunk about 10 years ago, and more than Mike Tyson did for raping a woman in Indianapolis.

Yeah, well Burress' crime is more serious than Vick's, and Mike Tyson was only convicted because it was the early 90s.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 21, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
We Raider fans trying to replace the Jews as God's favorite whipping boys. :Joos

The Jews sit around waiting for the Messiah and the Raider fans sit around waiting for Al Davis to die.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

And still we wait!  Oy vey!  Through our Diaspora to Los Angeles and back again to the Promised Land of Oakland, we waited.  We still wait, we will continue to wait till the moment promised to us, the moment that will reward our years of hardship and suffering, our years of being ridiculed and mocked.  Soon now, soon...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

citizen k

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 21, 2009, 08:33:20 PM
And still we wait! .... Soon now, soon...

I was with you until, "Soon now, soon".