News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2009, 09:22:51 AM
Any "game" where the score is meaningless is practice.  I am sure players go hard in practice to and good on them.  I don't wan't to see it though.
Fortunately, the score in a preseason game determines who wins and who loses the game.  Therefore, since the score is not meaningless, a preseason game is not practice.

You see?  I have defeated your weak definitional argument.  Now burn an offering to Me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2009, 09:41:05 AM
You see?  I have defeated your weak definitional argument.  Now burn an offering to Me.

Hey knock yourself out watching meaningless games I don't watch them...just like I don't really care about College Bowl Games.  At least those sort of count for warm fuzzies for next season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2009, 09:43:17 AM
just like I don't really care about College Bowl Games. 

Unamerican.  <_<

Reported to the House Unamerican activities committee.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2009, 09:46:11 AM
Unamerican.  <_<

Oh come now.  How many non-Ohio State bowl games do you actually watch anymore?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2009, 09:46:58 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2009, 09:46:11 AM
Unamerican.  <_<

Oh come now.  How many non-Ohio State bowl games do you actually watch anymore?

My wife has to use a crowbar to get me off the couch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

But that has nothing to do with football.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

charliebear

Grey Fox

We need 1 more team in the LFFL.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2009, 11:14:59 AM

Sounds fun, but I've never done fantasy football and I'd be pretty lost.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2009, 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2009, 09:41:05 AM

Hey knock yourself out watching meaningless games I don't watch them...just like I don't really care about College Bowl Games.  At least those sort of count for warm fuzzies for next season.
Whether you watch them or not isn't the issue.  What is at issue is your use of the word 'practice' to describe these games.  I couldn't care less if you watch them or not.  All that matters to Me is that, deep down, you know for certain that you are less than I, and that you weep and gnash your teeth for having mischaracterized these games.

As for college bowl games...  Does any college football actually count for anything?  I wouldn't know, because I'm not likely to watch it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 10, 2009, 11:24:39 AM

Did you just join?

When is the draft, I might be able to join if MIM didn't and I can make the draft.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2009, 08:52:02 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2009, 08:37:01 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2009, 08:33:03 AM
Communist.  <_<

Not even Stalin would have forced his political prisoners to pay that much to watch practice.
If you already get TV, it doesn't cost anything. :huh:

At any rate, that's a common saying by people who are stupid.  Just because the first-stringers aren't playing the whole game doesn't make it practice.  And given that the guys who are playing most of the game are battling for roster spots or starting positions, I guarantee you that most of them aren't half-assing it either.

The better question is why would you watch a boring pre-season game when there was a regular-season CFL game on at the same time?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: sbr on August 10, 2009, 06:21:41 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 10, 2009, 11:24:39 AM

Did you just join?

When is the draft, I might be able to join if MIM didn't and I can make the draft.

I did not, so fire away.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

I'm still going to join up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2009, 06:49:58 PM
The better question is why would you watch a boring pre-season game when there was a regular-season CFL game on at the same time?   :huh:
The NFL game is less likely to be a blowout, and tends to have a higher level of play, even with the backups in.