News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2009, 10:24:23 PM
But by doing this, you miss all of Vince Young's playing time!

I sorta consider his career over at this point, I will be overjoyed if he proves me wrong but he had his chance and didn't get it done.

This is the NFL you don't get too many second chances.  That is also why I don't see Chris Sims starting again which is kinda shitty since he lost his job through his spleen rupturing but oh well.  Colt McCoy will be the next Longhorn hope to finally produce an NFL QB after Bobby Layne.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Hell it's only Kyle Orton in front of Simms, so it's not like it's some insurmountable obstacle for the dude.  Kerry Collins is getting pretty old and his liver just has to be ready to quit soon too.

Not that I give a flying shit about them after they leave Texas and go play for teams not called the Houston Texans.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2009, 10:33:43 PM
Hell it's only Kyle Orton in front of Simms, so it's not like it's some insurmountable obstacle for the dude.  Kerry Collins is getting pretty old and his liver just has to be ready to quit soon too.

Not that I give a flying shit about them after they leave Texas and go play for teams not called the Houston Texans.

Well...to the extent that I give a shit I wish them well.

It is not like the endless monotony of mediocre seasons the Redskins have produced since 1992 have really given me much to be entertained by.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2009, 05:30:23 PM
I bet Sanchez's heart skipped a beat when Mangold injured his knee in camp.

He's gonna be okay!   ^_^

Mangold is the best damn player on that line.  The Jets can't lose him.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2009, 10:33:43 PM
Yeah, but Young is in a bad spot.  He's in danger of being relegated to third string.  When Collins is done, there's no guarantee that the Titans will go to Vince Young.  He's in real danger of showing up on 'Top 10 Draft Busts' in a couple of years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2009, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2009, 08:52:53 PM
Thank God football is here again.

I am sorry Major League Baseball has more in common with an actual football season than the crapy NFL preseason games.

I never watch a football game until the first snap that counts.

Communist.  <_<
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2009, 06:31:34 AM
Yeah, but Young is in a bad spot.  He's in danger of being relegated to third string.  When Collins is done, there's no guarantee that the Titans will go to Vince Young.  He's in real danger of showing up on 'Top 10 Draft Busts' in a couple of years.

I find that hard to believe.  He did win Rookie of the year and take them to the playoffs before we went emo, Vince Young is fucking John Elway compared to Heath Shuler God knows.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2009, 08:33:03 AM
Communist.  <_<

Not even Stalin would have forced his political prisoners to pay that much to watch practice.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2009, 08:37:01 AM
Communist.  <_<

Not even Stalin would have forced his political prisoners to pay that much to watch practice.

Yes, he would have.

Plus you missed AJ Trapasso run a fake punt 40 yards for a TD. His goofy white boy run was hilarious.

Neil

Communist.  <_<

If you already get TV, it doesn't cost anything. :huh:

At any rate, that's a common saying by people who are stupid.  Just because the first-stringers aren't playing the whole game doesn't make it practice.  And given that the guys who are playing most of the game are battling for roster spots or starting positions, I guarantee you that most of them aren't half-assing it either.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Communist.  <_<

Why pay when you can just follow the Twitter feeds?   ;)

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2009, 10:22:39 PM
Um...the Dolphins were also an AFL expansion team are they not doing it either?  If not that is crap, the Bengals and the Dolphins were both AFL teams as much as the other 8 darnit.

Dolphins: I would say yes. 

But the Bengals were founded after the merger deal had been done so as much as I hate to say it, they were sort of a "yes & no" AFL team.  Paul Brown didn't like the AFL (one of his few faults), and the only reason he started the Bengals as an AFL franchise was that he was promised it would be an NFL franchise after the merger.

I *would* like to see the Bungles & Browns play each other in throwback uniforms, espec. since the Bengals original uniform was identical to the Browns, with the exception of the janky "BENGALS" lettering on the helmet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2009, 08:52:02 AM
At any rate, that's a common saying by people who are stupid.  Just because the first-stringers aren't playing the whole game doesn't make it practice.  And given that the guys who are playing most of the game are battling for roster spots or starting positions, I guarantee you that most of them aren't half-assing it either.

Yup.  I like going to pre-season games because I can relax & just watch some individual players I'm interested in.  I do feel sorry for the suckers who pay to see those games, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I'd like to see the old Bengals uniforms burned. With Odell Thurman in them.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2009, 08:52:02 AM

Any "game" where the score is meaningless is practice.  I am sure players go hard in practice to and good on them.  I don't wan't to see it though.

QuoteIf you already get TV, it doesn't cost anything.

Yeah I am talking about the fans actually at the games.  Anyway it is a personal preference I used to watch preseason all the time until one day it suddenly popped into my head 'why am I watching this crap?'