Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2009, 10:30:15 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 06:32:46 AM
I never said it isn't mine too. :P

How often would you say I overreact? :lol:

Well, maybe "overreact" isn't the right word. I did not mean to imply you go into hysterics, but you are often overly bitchy over things that are relatively minor.

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 21, 2009, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2009, 09:02:41 AM
Played another half hour in the fade before turning it off again. God, that shit's annoying.

one I got the hang of it the fade was over in about an hour to an hour-and-a-half. Found it pretty annoying too at first, but I've since changed my opinion on that.

How is the fade a big deal?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

God, I wish Alisteir wasn't such a pussy. Sure, I like him, but if he is going to overreact every time I threaten bodily harm to some stupid fundie crone, I'm going to replace him with Sten or Shale.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 10:34:57 AM
God, I wish Alisteir wasn't such a pussy. Sure, I like him, but if he is going to overreact every time I threaten bodily harm to some stupid fundie crone, I'm going to replace him with Sten or Shale.

Too bad you don't have the PC version.  There is a romance mod for him

I've never really had a problem with him, it's Morrigan and Sten that are always bitching whenever I do something.  Alistair usually agrees with my decision.

garbon

I've never had a problem with him as I support religion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2009, 10:32:10 AM
Played another half hour in the fade before turning it off again. God, that shit's annoying.

one I got the hang of it the fade was over in about an hour to an hour-and-a-half. Found it pretty annoying too at first, but I've since changed my opinion on that.

I don't understand that either.  The fade wasn't that long and it wasn't that difficult, unless there is some other fade part I haven't gotten to yet.

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 21, 2009, 10:52:11 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2009, 10:32:10 AM

I don't understand that either.  The fade wasn't that long and it wasn't that difficult, unless there is some other fade part I haven't gotten to yet.

Which part are you talking about. If I remember correctly, depending on your origin you can end up in Fade twice or three times (since you go there during the mage's origin so that's something only mages get).

I assume people who complain about Fade mean the part involving the Circle of Magi main quest, not the other two instances, which are considerably shorter.

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 21, 2009, 10:49:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 10:34:57 AM

I've never really had a problem with him, it's Morrigan and Sten that are always bitching whenever I do something.  Alistair usually agrees with my decision.

I've never had a problem with him on my first playthrough either. However, now I am a mage and one that dislikes the Chantry at that, so I expect it to be more rocky this time. ;)

Syt

This is Lady Meonis, btw.
She turned out a bit skinnier than I would have preferred.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 21, 2009, 10:49:20 AM

I don't think it exists yet. And the gender bender mod isn't quite the same. :P

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 11:09:24 AM
I assume people who complain about Fade mean the part involving the Circle of Magi main quest, not the other two instances, which are considerably shorter.

That's what I would guess but it wasn't that difficult. Only thing I didn't like was that sometimes the game got choppy and I would have saved a character but then if I spoke with them I'd get the dialogue like they were trapped until I walked to a certain spot.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2009, 11:19:15 AM

That's what I would guess but it wasn't that difficult. Only thing I didn't like was that sometimes the game got choppy and I would have saved a character but then if I spoke with them I'd get the dialogue like they were trapped until I walked to a certain spot.

Not sure what you are talking about, they are trapped in the Fade until you get to the end of the Fade - ie complete all the fade encounters.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 21, 2009, 12:30:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2009, 11:19:15 AM

I think garbon means individual "prisons" of party members - and yeah, while I didn't have any trouble there, some people I talked to reported a bug that made them repeat the conversation with someone whom they already released.

Not sure what you are talking about, they are trapped in the Fade until you get to the end of the Fade - ie complete all the fade encounters.

Cecil

The Wynne nightmare I found to be bugged to hell and back and apparently the Shale nightmare is a gamebreaker for some reason.

Jaron

Someone told me its possible to bypass the Circle Fade level entirely with the right dialogue options? Is this true? :unsure:
Winner of THE grumbler point.